Our Week at a Glance: Breathing Treatments, Valentines and Big Girl Panties

We had a good week and it just kept getting better. Now let's keep that trend going shall we....
Auggie Boy is just about the same. Better, but the same if that makes sense. He sounds so junky and his poor little button nose just runs. For peace of mind, I took him back to the doctor Monday--it had been over a week that this round of sickness started it's visit. A week! The doctor thought his lungs actually sounded better but the poor man has a double ear infection. Kid can't catch a break. So it is still breathing treatments for-evahhhh with some antibiotics on the side. 
One of the first questions the doctor asked me was about how he acted at home. The answer: fine. He goes and goes (see exhibit A above-can you spot the Auggie or the Emery?) But you can just tell his eyes aren't as bright and after a long hall down the hallway, you can hear his labored breathing. He is still so good and happy which I am thankful for.
I am also thankful for my 8th annual Valentine's Cheesecake turning out to be a SUCCESS. Every year I have made Doug a legit, one piece will do ya, cheesecake. (One year I skipped because I was trying to be healthy and couldn't have the temptation around and last year we got our house on Valentine's Day so that kind of trumped the cheesecake making.) This year's Snicker packed pie is to die for. I know the way to my man's heart!
And he definitely knows the way to mine. A homemade craft made by my girl and a drooly wake up call made by my boy (August...not Doug hehe). I was gone all day Saturday and Doug and Em got crafty. I was shocked when Emery busted into the bedroom with her homemade heart. I love it so much.
I also loved my card and my tulips. These keepsakes top anything I have ever received, so thank you, Loves!
Now let's take a moment to talk about this girl. Miss Emery Kayt. Miss Emery Kayt has been working on going potty like a big girl for what seems like forever. Lately I had decided that she honestly wasn't ready. At home we wore panties and about every thirty minutes we made her use the potty. We had lots of accidents and not once did she ever announce that she actually had to go. Ugh. We started the morning off in panties on Sunday. Not uncommon. Later on, while Doug and I were in the kitchen and Em was in the front room, we heard her throw down a toy and saw her make a mad dash towards the bathroom. Very uncommon. We looked at each other with confusion and curiosity and then we heard the three magic words, "I DID IT!!!!" The girl realized she had to go potty and took it upon herself to go.

And she hasn't looked back sense. Sunday there was one accident the whole day and none on Monday-- which included a trip to the Doctor, Grandma Susie's and tumbling. Who is this girl and what has she done with Emery? I am so stinking proud of her. Like I want to tell everyone. I know in the scheme of an entire life, this milestone is pretty small but I just feel like she is getting so big and I am pumped for her. Even if she has twenty accidents tomorrow, we are finally getting some where. Wooo hooooo!

Speaking of getting big....I register her for pre-school today. And cue the teary-eyed, my baby is growing up too fast blubbering. Actually I am pumped for her to go to school too. She talks about it non-stop already. I will save my blubbering for when she actually starts!

Okay week--let's be a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts