Wedding Bells Are Ringing!

Saturday was finally the day. Kyle and Jill's wedding day! The weather was perfect, the wedding was perfect, the reception was perfect and if I am being honest, Miss Emery Kayt was perfect too! You are probably thinking, "You are her mother...of course you would say that." But she really was the sweetest flower girl the entire day. And what a day it was!
I got to spend the day primping and dressing up my girl which is every girl-mom's dream. I joked that I felt like the "Flower Girl Assistant"--I should have made a shirt or something ha! Our morning started out by Em getting ready at the Austin Mansion and taking a few pictures with the bride. She was extra quiet but her smile totally let me know that she was loving every minute already.
After those pictures it was time for more pictures--this time at the church. I can't wait to see the professional's pictures. (And I bet Em is rocking her best squinty eyed, cheesy smile in all of them!)
Around this time Emery got sleepy and squirmy--she had been so pumped up and excited all morning and to her I think the morning was lasting forever (Jill and Kyle were probably thinking the same thing!)
Guests started to arrive--August Samuel being one of them! We snuck a quick family picture before it was time to go get into place. How handsome did my men look??
This is my girl waiting for her turn. She looked so little standing with the big "princesses". This was also the moment that she started to get nervous. I think the long aisle and all those people had her rethinking this whole flower girl thing.
I told her to smile at me one last time. She did and then I told her it was her turn--that was when she took one step towards me instead of the aisle.....
I was thinking "ohhhh no, little girl. You have come this far....."
And then she went. All by herself. I snapped this picture as quick as I could before they shut the doors to hide the beautiful bride. After everyone was up the isle, I snuck around the side to sit near the front. Emery was sitting with Grandma Susie and Grandpa Sammy just like she was suppose to be! Throughout the wedding I got a few quick smiles from her but I think she was pretty happy with herself and very content to be with Grandma and Grandpa. After Kyle and Jill said their vows and were officially announced as Mr. and Mrs., she headed right back down the aisle again....because she was a pro by now!
With the pressure off we told her it was now time to PARTY! What she really, really needed was a nap. She powered through for a few more pictures......
and then somehow fell asleep with music blaring and people singing. The girl was that tired. She probably slept a good 45 minutes (thank goodness) and woke up a sweaty, drooly, but very happy mess. 
People were shocked that she walked up the isle so well. I was more shocked that when she walked in with Doug and Courtney to the reception that she danced right along with them. Too funny! She had a fancy glass and ate her promised ice cream before it was time to DANCE.
And dance she did. Katie was her usual partner but she was also spotted with all of her aunts and cousins and Daddy and Miss Nancy. She jumped and ran and wiggled the night away and the smile never left her face. She didn't want to leave when it was time but also didn't put up much a fight. According to Nana she was asleep before they got to the first stop light!
If you were wondering about Auggie Boy, he was Nana's plus one for the day. He had just as much of a good day as Em did. I only heard one high pitched "da-da" during the wedding and he was passed around to every Jansen at the reception. And what is it with my kids and sleeping soundly through loud music? They were both snug in their beds by 9:30 and that let Doug and I enjoy a night of dancing and Niemerg's breakfast together. Thank you to everyone who helped us out Saturday!

Weddings always give me all of the feels. I think of my own wedding and how special that day was to me. Seeing how Cheryl looked at Kyle when they danced together or how happy Jill's mom was when she hugged her daughter during the wedding really, really had me feeling emotional. I am guessing those parents feel like it wasn't that long ago that their kiddos were two or eight months-playing with princesses or crawling all over the place. Mom tears all the way.

We really did have the perfect day. I was so proud of both kids. I am beyond, beyond blessed and so thankful that we got to be a part of Jill and Kyle's special day. 

Congratulations to them and enjoy your promised fruit snacks Em!

Comments

Popular Posts