Not Normal

This past week was anything but normal for us.
But that is okay-we rolled with it and did just fine (minus strep throat-bleh).
Miss Nancy had some much deserved time off this past week so our schedules were way off. Em and Aug went to Grandma Susie's for two days, partied with Nana for two days and got to take a special trip to see their buddies, Hank and Knox, for one day. I feel very fortunate to have friends and family that will jump right in and help us out--what a relief to know that my kiddos are happy and loved wherever they may be!
And with all of the fun and new schedule (and coming off of the wedding weekend), kids were tired. I found Emery sound asleep on the floor after we got home from Ammon's. We tried and tried to wake her up and the poor girl was out. Well, she was out until I whispered that she could have some chocolate cake for Nana's birthday....that seemed to perk her right up ha!
But sadly, not for long.  Em started running a fever Wednesday evening and was diagnosed with yucky strep on Thursday. Normally, Auggie Boy is our sick one-I would prefer for neither of them to ever be sick. Good thing the girl loves the doctor and picking out her own jello!
Daddy was the one that made the call to take her to the doctor. Along with having no Miss Nancy this week, Emery and Auggie also had no Mommy Wednesday evening through Friday afternoon. I was at a conference in Bloomington. Another wrench in their week. And while I enjoyed learning and visiting with my co-workers, I really, really missed my babies. I do believe that Mommy-cuddles cure just about anything! (And Em is feeling great as of today!)
When I got home on Friday I was greeted exactly how I hoped I would be-a running hug from Emery and a huge melt-your-heart smile from my boy. I came bearing gifts of course. Among  them a book for Emery and way-too-big swimming trunks for August. But how stinking cute!?! Bring on summer!
We have done nothing this weekend, which I love. Every toy is out, lots of naps and cuddles have happened and we all need baths. A Wal-mart trip might be in store this afternoon and then home for some yummy supper and early bedtimes. Tomorrow it is back to our regular schedule and a normal week for us. 

Happy Sunday, All!

Comments

Popular Posts