Little Lucky Charms

We started the week off still dealing with whatever sickness had struck Auggie Boy this time. But with a little luck of the Irish, we were able to return to Nancy's and school on Tuesday! I want it to get warm since we think this cold weather has been hard on him but I also have a sneaky suspicion that warmer weather and allergies will be a whole new ballgame for him. Right now two out of the four of us have runny noses (Em and Aug) and the other two could really just use a nap. I will be very happy if it stays at least this good for a while. I can deal with runny noses and sleepy heads.
I wanted (and want) August to be healthy so bad but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy my time at home with the little squirt. We got very, very good at couch cuddles.
By Monday night he was back to his ornery little self.
We soaked up some sun rays on Tuesday. Much, much needed.
And celebrated Daddy's birthday a little early with some late in the evening swing time and peach pie.
Douglas was actually in Florida on his birthday. Lucky. But that didn't stop us from sending a little green love his way. And yes, Auggie wore that headband to Nancy's. He likes to be festive.
Had to throw this one on here too. Love my little lucky charms!
I received my first flowers of the year this week. They came with a funny Emery story too. Nana was here and had whispered to Emery to keep her shoes on and that they would go outside and get the trash can. I thought that was kind of odd but oh well. They have done weirder things. Before I knew it, Em came bursting through the door beaming with two flowers. I of course made a big deal about them and said, "Ohhh, for me?!?!" Her response: "No! One if for Auggie and one is for me." I tried correcting her. "You mean one is FROM Auggie and one is FROM you." That got an even bigger no. "One is FOR Auggie and one is FOR me. None for you Mommy!!" Nana was just laughing at this point. I had been right--she had told Em that one was from Auggie and one was from her and Emery clearly missed the message ha! The next morning I commented on how lovely my flowers smelled and the little miss was quick to remind me that they were NOT my flowers.
Saturday was the second annual Easter Egg Extravaganza at Aunt Kaci's parents house. I have not seen Kaci or her sweet baby girl Orie since the beginning of December...aka for way too darn long. We colored eggs, Sharon came by too and we just enjoyed seeing each other. I just miss them so much. Next year Orie and Auggie can join in on the fun. 
Or just Orie by the looks of my son in this picture. I think I should have sent him with his father to watch basketball....
Today we have taken it pretty easy. Auggie has taken approximately 5 naps (which makes me think he still doesn't feel 100%. I don't think he has since he was about 3 months old....), Emery and Doug picked up sticks (Okay, Emery got all dressed up to pick up sticks and lasted about 10 minutes so really I should say Doug picked up sticks) and we are starting supper a little early. Finishing this St. Patty's Day week with a little corned beef and cabbage!

This next week is a short one and we are already looking forward to Easter. Praying for health and happiness and maybe some spring weather too!

Comments

Popular Posts