Just the Kind of Week I Needed

We had a good ol' regular week. Which I loved and needed. We were all healthy, we had no real plans and I felt like we really enjoyed each other. I need to make a mental note to have more of these. But you know....sometimes life happens.
Started the week off like we always do--with Miss Somersault. Those 30 minutes go by fast but I love that Em gets her own spotlight time. She deserves it. Actually now that I look through the week, Emery got quite a bit of special time this week. Maybe that is why it was so good!
Every evening was spent trying to stop this one from making a compete mess and failing miserably. I have given up--he now eats in his diaper and socks (although I think he only had one sock on last night).
Later in the week is when the Mommy-Mini time kicked in. Friday night Em and I had girl plans so we had to start getting beautiful Thursday night--sometimes it is a process! Emery lovesss having her fingernails painted which just makes my heart sing. Silly I know, but I have been painting my nails for as long as I can remember. It has just been something that I have always enjoyed doing and wayyy back in February of 2013, after Doug and I had found out we were having a sweet baby girl, I daydreamed of matching tiny fingernails as I painted mine one night. This weeks color of choice is "light-pretty-purple." Last week it was "mommy-hot-pink" and a few weeks before that it was "flower-girl-pink"....Emery names the colors ha!
We rushed home after work on Friday and got ready to go to the NCHS Musical-Em's second year and my 100th(?). Again....something I dreamed of doing before she was even born. She was so excited and thought it was funny that it was only her and I. No boys! She was also excited because when I told her we were going to see a show, she took that as going to see a movie. She had it all planned out; "Nana is going to hold my popcorn and I will sit on your lap because I am too little for the mooobie seats." 
We ate supper with Nana, Sharon and her Mom and then headed to the show! NCHS never disappoints. I love going back and reminiscing about my musical days--some of my favorite memories happened on (and behind) that stage. Before it got started I ask Emery about 12 times if she needed to go potty. NOPE. Lights go down....music starts playing..."Mommy, I have to go potty." Of course you do.
I checked in on the boys and about laughed out loud when I read Doug's recap of the evening: supper, pitch and catch and princess castle time! The funny part is that is our usual night. We always end up in Emery's room and her princess castle is August's favorite toy-really the only toy he likes!
Some Saturday mornings Doug and Emery sneak out in their jammies and bring back just-because donuts. She gets so so excited to go on this simple adventure. Doug makes her order her own and this weekends choice was the "farkely (sparkly) one" meaning the one with lots of sprinkles. Amazingly enough the employee knew exactly what she meant and totally made her day when she put it in a separate Em-size bag! This was her face from the moment she busted back in the door until the donut was gone (and my kitchen floor was covered in "farkles".)
Saturday night Doug and I had a night out (thanks to Nana) and we celebrated Julie's birthday with his siblings. We stayed out too late and babies got up too early but it was fun! The rest of the weekend involved the usual family-grocery shopping afternoon. Em totally rocked our Aldi bag and might have thought she should be the one to carry the eggs...
Then we played the rest of the weekend away. No-fear-Auggie attempted to go down the slide head first a few times.
And then Em and Aug giggled in the setting sun and cooling wind. Bedtimes came early--that setting sun and wind made for some grouchy kiddos--and I am ready for bed myself.

Here is to another week just like the last!

Comments

Popular Posts