Celebrating CP

My little younger cousin Clayton graduated this weekend. I can remember my Mom bargaining with him to finish one more homework assignment before he could go out and play with us. The boy had trucks and shooting guns on his brain....not math and reading. Just like my ornery brothers. We are so proud and happy to help him celebrate this accomplishment! Way to go CP!
Saturday night was graduation. Always love going back to NCHS....a million and one good memories there. August Samuel was looking extra grown up for the event.
  His tiny toes finally kind of fill out his Nikes!
Emery Kayt was her spunky little self. The dress she wore has buttons all of the way down. Mid-graduation, when it was really getting warm, I look down and she had unbuttoned most of them.....the girl needed some air!
She sat like the good girl she usually is. She wasn't the one I was worried about.... 
This one was. But he was actually excellent. After getting passed around to all of the baby hogs, he sat nicely on the floor with all of his goodies and clapped after everyone else clapped. Graduation was short and sweet and I was relieved!
We knew that Sunday was going to be our funday---time to party at Gigi's and celebrate CP!
Emery Kayt was PUMPED to say the least. She hit the ground running and just now stopped (she is in bed, sweaty and muddy, and fast asleep).
My brothers and I celebrated everything at my Grandparent's house. Birthdays, graduations, engagement party. So of course, Clayton has always done the same. My Grandma mentioned that she was flattered that he would want to have his high school party at her house. It must mean that he has lots of cherished memories there from celebrating everyone else. And today can be added to those cherished memories. It was just a really fun, really relaxing day.
Of course if you get my mother, grandmother, aunt and cousin together, there is going to be amazing food. And a ton of it.
We also learned that Em is a girl after this Mommy's own heart. She ate only the icing and left the cake. It is the best part!
After lunch we layed in the shade. This was my favorite part and I hope to do a lot more of it come next week when it is officially summer break.
August enjoyed the blanket time too. D took this picture and I am so glad she did. I kept going back and looking at it....I just realized that I love it so much because you can just feel our happiness. Not much in this world makes me as happy as this boy does.
I am glad I snagged a few minutes of lounge time with Emery because she was mostly glued to Miss Hannah's side today. Hannah is so good with her. At one point I hollered at Em to see if she needed to go potty. Her answer was that she already did....Hannah took her! Ha! Thanks for being my babysitter today, Hannah!
The girls finished the day with a cartwheel lesson and a frog catching session. We cleaned everything up, gave out all of our hugs and kisses goodbye, and the kids were out before we left Hidalgo.

Perfect weather and perfect day! Thanks for the party CP! I know Em and Aug will sleep good tonight. Or at least I hope they do....we have a fun week ahead!


Comments

Popular Posts