Celebrating Our Rookie of the Year

A few weekends ago we celebrated our Rookie of the Year--August Samuel! I went with a baseball theme to match his room and loved using odds and ins we had around the house. I remember working for so long on Emery's birthday decorations...this time around my Mom and I had Auggie's decorations done in a few hours. Not sure if that is because he is #2 or because he is a boy. Either way I think he had the best day. Lots of family, friends and attention (plus fun toys and a yummy cake!). Our lovely friend Sharon snapped a few photos for us and I love all the details she captured. Perfect for remembering his celebration.

We tried to embrace the concession stand theme and went with hotdogs and porkburgers. Add in some yummy baked beans and mac'n'cheese and it doesn't get more all-American than that!
I tried my hand at making homemade crackerjacks. While they were delicious, they were a major pain! Decided next time I would just buy some crackerjacks ha!  I also made the ball glove cupcakes and Auggie's baseball smash cake. His cake came out better than I thought it would....I was pretty proud of myself!
One of my favorite decorations was the Hall of Fame wall. I picked out my four favorite pictures from each month of Aug's life (which was no easy feat) and printed them at Wal-greens. Easy stuff! I love that you can see his personality grow every month (along with his curly hair). 
Originally his party was going to be outside but the forecast made me think twice. It was HOT. So we ate and partied inside then ventured outside for drinks, "sliding practice" and "pitch and catch." All of this went over great and I really hope people had some fun. I know I did!
I fully expected for Auggie to dive right into his cake but I think all of that food I mentioned before had him full. He poked around at it and licked it a few times but that was about it. Emery Kayt sure enjoyed it though....my girl always has room for cake!
Auggie got so many perfect gifts. Each one was some how very "Auggie" and we have discovered new favorites almost daily.
His party was just how I pictured it. A house crammed full of people we love, comfort food and smiles. My kiddos also took huge naps afterwards which is always the true sign of a successful party.
August Samuel is such a lucky little dude. So many friends and family members came to celebrate him (which also meant a lot to Doug and I). We know summers are busy so the fact that you traveled or took time out to party with us doesn't go unnoticed. I know Aug really had no idea what was going on but I do know he could feel the love and so could the rest of us.....thank you!








Comments

Popular Posts