These Are My Monkeys. This Is My Circus.

I found myself throwing my hands up and just laughing off the craziness this week. Doug has been gone which always throws an interesting wrench into things but I swear my littles ganged up and decided to be extra silly and slightly more difficult. No perfectly posed pictures in this post folks! Just real life.
Before I get started, you will notice that my kids have these exact same outfits on--two different days. This is like the one week of the year that I can get away with matching them. So of course I do. Alllll I want for the Forth of July is a cute picture of them holding hands, smiling at the camera, All-Americaned out. I need to come to terms that that is not going to happen. So far I have this....we will try again. 
This picture might seem normal and innocent but with a well-trained eye you will notice Emery has on short orange shorts. Her brothers 12 month shorts. Why you ask? 
Because at the very top of the playground slide, surrounded by lots of little kids, Emery Kayt might have had an accident. Have no fear, Auggie's blanket to wipe down the slide and shorts to the rescue! They had to be so uncomfortable but if I am going to pack us up and drive to the park, we are going to play at the park. Accident or not! And in perfect Emery fashion, the only thing she had to say was, "Do you have a different shirt for me too....so I can match?"
She is definitely my daughter.
After the accident, I thought my park messes were over. Wrong. Auggie spent most of the time trying to run and then crashing and rolling in the mulch. With a silly grin on his face. This picture doesn't do the mess that he was, justice. 
Easy to say this was one of the more eventful park nights.
On Wednesday, Nana, the kids and I headed to Tuscola and Champaign for some birthday shopping (I am about to have a THREE year old.) Tuscola shopping is about all Auggie can handle. On a good day. Luckily, Wednesday was a good day (and the entire container of snacks I brought for the whole day couldn't have hurt either.) After the car ride to Champaign, Auggie Boy had had enough sitting. Mom and I needed to look at some specific toys and measurements and rather than fight him, I told her to just let him out and he could walk around the aisle.
I swear a minute later (and I swear we were watching him and that I am not an awful mother) we hear a crash and turn around to see this.
How in one minute do you walk to the end of the aisle, lose a shoe, knock of two large toys and have a seat?
The rest of the Target trip was spent exactly like this: Emery pouting because she didn't get to take all of the toys home that she liked (little did she know they were hiding right underneath her....) and August Samuel standing in the cart squealing at the top of his lungs and doing some sort of Titanic move. You know when Rose leans out on the front of the boat with her arms up. "I'm flying, Jack!" Don't worry, Nana had a hold of him. Actually he had his seat belt on too...clearly doing it's job.
I have soaked in the craziness just as much as I have soaked in the snuggles. Its these little stories that I want to remember. And its these little stories that I will be able to totally embarrass them with someday ha! 

This crazy train is headed right on into a crazy-fun weekend. Doug gets home in about two hours, Aug is napping and I am introducing Em to the sweetest movie, Land Before Time. The calm before the 4th of July weekend. Have a safe and happy 4th everyone! 

Comments

Popular Posts