July 16th~Our Double Happy Day

Emery Kayt Jansen. You are THREE! Three whole years of your sweet smile. Your contagious laugh. Your slightly stubborn ways. Your Daddy and I (and anyone else who knows you) can't help but fall for you. I wanted to remember every little thing about this age so I asked you a few questions. Here are your answers (and a few explanations/Mommy answers):
How old are you? Two....I am going to be "free" (And she can tell you her birthday is July 16th. She is very in to birthdays and whose is next.)
What makes you happy? I like Hide and Seek. (She loves playing this game and until recently was AWFUL. She would tell us where she was going to hide or would jump out and yell "I'm right hereeee!" She is finally getting the concept and now likes to tell Doug and I how to play....since she is an old pro now.)
 What is your favorite animal? I like sheep. (I had no idea what she was going to say....maybe a horse or frog or puppy? She doesn't say much about animals.)
 What is your favorite color? Purple...because Nancy's favorite color is purple. (Can you tell she thinks highly of Miss Nancy?)

What is your favorite thing to eat? CAKE! (Since birthday was on her brain, I knew this was going to be her answer. On a normal day she loves bread, mac and cheese, bananas, cheese burgers and alllll things sweet and snacky.)
What is your least favorite thing to eat? I don't like carrots. (This is kind of a lie and kind of the truth. She will eat all of her veggies at Nancy's....refuses to even look at them at home. She seems to be getting pickier and pickier...)
What is your favorite thing to do? Watch a movie! (She loves all things Disney Princess right now and asks to watch a "mooobie" first thing every morning. She watches about 10 minutes of it and then moves on. That doesn't mean we don't restart that same movie about three more times that same day. I have seen the first half of Frozen and Tangled many, many time.)
 What is your favorite TV show? Sophia!! (I figured she was doing to say Doc McStuffin or Baby Michelle aka Full House. The other day she was pretending she had a phone call and said, "Be quiet, Mommy. The Beach Boys are calling me....." I laughed so hard when I remembered that the Beach Boys had been special guests on Full House the night before ha!)
What is your favorite movie? I love Tangled! (This is her top pick. She also likes Frozen and Lilo and Stitch. The other day she kept asking for "Feck"....the movie with the talking goat. Do you mean Shrek, the movie with the talking Donkey?)
What are you really good at? Taking care of Baby Doll. (I love that she said this. She is such a little Mother Hen. She loves babies and names everything Sarah.)
 What is your favorite song? Let It Gooooo! (She knows every word. She seems to really like songs and music and remembers words so easily. Maybe she will be in musicals.)
What do you and your Mommy do together? Go to the store! (Perfect answer. She is my shopper and happiest on the go. Everyday she asks if we are going to the store. As she gets older this could get dangerous hehe....)
 What do you and your Daddy do together?  Go get donuts in my jammies!! (Another perfect answer. You can find these two at Daylight Donuts early on Saturday mornings and she is a giggly mess every time.)
What do you and Auggie do together? We play in the kitchen. (She means the play kitchen out in our sunroom. I think she actually plays and he just gets in her way. And I also hear "Auggie, you are not suppose to do that....." and then I find him on a chair. She is my look out.)
 What is your favorite toy? My new Slinky. (She is talking about a slinky that is smaller than her hand and cost a quarter. She sleeps with the silly thing. I have no clue why it is remotely fun. Really I would say her princesses, barbies and tablet are her favorite. She also loves to play pretend....she is rarely just Emery. If I had to name the one thing she couldn't go without, it would be her bear and paci. She sleeps with them every night. She says she is getting rid of paci when she turns three....we will see.) 
What is yucky? Broccoli and Bugs. (Yep!)
What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to cook. (I had no idea what she was going to say. Em, I want you to do whatever you want to do!) 
I want to have Aunt Kim take this same picture every year. Just my sweet girl, her balloons and the whole, beautiful world at her fingertips. Another year older and smarter and sweeter. You are the perfect combination of cautious and adventurous and often surprise us with the things and experiences you like. You are all girl--fingernail polish, bows, princesses, shopping--my little sidekick. You are always listening, always soaking up new words and ideas. You will start pre-school this fall and I think you are absolutely going to love it.
You laugh big, you smile big, you love big. Daddy and I are so proud of the little lady you are becoming. Three years ago today this world became such a better place. Daddy and I fell in love harder than we knew possible. 
Happy Birthday, Em! We love you!
And five years ago today, I married the man of my prayers and dreams. High school sweetheart. Best friend. Partner in this whole parenting thing. Five years, four addresses and two kids later....and I still like him a whole lot! Thank you for loving and caring for us the way you do. We are the luckiest. Happy Anniversary Douglas....love ya!

July 16th......you have been very good to me!



Comments

Popular Posts