Birthday and Back to School

Tuesday was my (28th.....) birthday! I know most of you will roll your eyes at me and tell me how young that is. And I know that. I am still just a baby...but 28 seems so close to 30. I remember when I was in jr. high and high school--I thought 30 year olds were olddd. They were adults that knew everything and had life all figured out. HA! I doubt I will have life all figured out in two short years. 

Douglas, my sweet, sweet husband, "surprised" me with cupcakes....from his coworkers birthday party. Wow...thanks honey. Actually they were delicious and made me laugh. The next day I walked in to a half deflated birthday balloon, from a different coworkers party.

Don't worry, he redeemed himself. He and Emery met me first thing in the morning with a hug, kiss and a Barbie card. Em was a sweetie the whole day but was a little confused because to her birthdays mean candles and decorations and a party. She told me we could put her Barbies on the table and sing to me so we might have to do that this weekend. (The girl is a birthday party lover after my own heart!)
My birthday kind of turned into Emery Day and I was happy to share! It was her Pre-K Open House so we decided to leave August at home and treat her to a night out by herself. She picked "Clovers" aka Culvers for supper. Doug and I laughed at how easy just taking her seemed. No high chair, no food thrown on the floor, no high pitch squealing....

But then Nana sent us these silly pictures and we missed Auggie so much.
Look at that CHEESE! 
Em met her teacher and got to explore her classroom and school. I think the doll house will be her favorite but the slide ranked right up there too. We ran into a few familiar faces and the kiddos just shyly smiled at each other. I can't wait for her to meet these new friends. I wish I could be a fly on the wall everyday!
Just so we can see how much she grows. If you count the bow she is probably around 40 inches tall.
The one person Em really wanted to be in her class is her friend Charlee but they split the Jansen girls up. Probably a good idea ha! 
Can't you just see these pictures at their graduation parties someday? Or maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself......
Had to throw this one in. Just because I can't get enough of him.
I had a great birthday--yummy food at school from my co-workers, lots of happy birthday wishes, a night spent with my favorite girl. I am really excited to see what this next year has in store....it is starting off to be a great one!




Comments

Popular Posts