Fall Fun

There is something about this time of year. Am I crazy or does the blue in the sky seem more blue? I do know that the days are getting shorter but we somehow keep cramming more and more fun into them. Which is super fine by me. I think this beautiful day calls for a recap!
All the way back to Thursday for this one. Em had a color dress up day for school. Orange or black....we went with both. She was obsessed with this 4 dollar skirt from Wal-Mart and wouldn't take it off....it is the little things!
I kind of wish every week had a special dress up day.....
Friday night kicked off our week of Halloween fun (even though we have been celebrating all month). We had a party to go to but first....an afternoon nap for Auggie. He had been acting kind of cranking (later we realized he had a fever) and I knew he needed a nap before the par-tay. I had a total flashback to this time last year. We would come home, kick off our shoes and cuddle for about an hour. I didn't realize how much I missed it. 
I am saving our Halloween costumes for later. But I will just say we had so much fun dressing up as a family! Miss Em was pretty quiet during the party but of course didn't want to leave when it was time to go. I may have promised her a piece of candy when we got home...after 10pm....Mom of the year right here. P.s. I think she looks so sweet and beautiful in this picture.
Saturday morning funny: Around 7am I heard the pitter-patter of Em feet in our room. She peeked at Doug and I and then I saw her run back out. Being the good Mom I am, I stayed in bed and figured she would be back. A few minutes later the crackling of paper woke me up...then I noticed a light was on....I had to go check it out. I found Emery Kayt up on the counter trying her darnedest to open a Fun-Dip. I whispered, "Em....what are you doing..." This is the smile I got. That little sneak!
I talked her into a banana instead and we saved the candy for a little bit later.
I really enjoyed my Saturday afternoon. The kids and I loaded up and headed for the farm. I got to watch our other favorite Jansen crew....my hands were a little full but the kids were so good!
 Auggie is usually my animal lover but Emery really enjoyed the farm this time around. She wanted to pet every cow that came close and chased the dogs all afternoon. Auggie Boy just tried to keep up.
Clearly there is too much to see and do at the farm...no good picture of the boy and me ha!
My kiddos love the farm so much and it makes my heart happy to know they will have these fun cousin memories of the farm forever.



Today was a great day. I got to be a field trip Mom! Em's class went to the park today. It was so fun to see her interact with her friends and teachers. She was the perfect combo of shy/giggly/adventurous/cautious. Em has never ever been a hand holder but today she wanted to stick by my side. Half the time I pushed her to go be with her class and half time I was just fine holding her sweet little hand in mine.
With Monday and Tuesday out of the way, I have my eyes on the weekend. Halloween party, girls night, trick or treating and whatever else we can find that is fun to do. Bring on the rest of the week!



Comments

Popular Posts