Halloween 2016

What a week! It was spooky. It was fun. It was full. I need a nap but there is a smile on my face--so all worth it.
Thursday Emery Kayt got to dress up for school. Her real Halloween costume didn't make much sense for school so she elected to go as her favorite princess--Rapunzel! (Auggie went to Miss Sharon's as his ornery little self ha!)
Nana had her first Pre-K experience--she got to attend Em's Halloween parade. She took pictures and videos (so this Momma could see everything) and it was just too cute. They sang songs and marched around and you could tell Emery thought she was hot stuff. 
Friday was fun. We decorated all month, Emery thought every other day was Halloween and it all kind of led up to Friday...Our Halloween Party!
We welcomed everyone to our Jansen Circus and had so much fun!
Doug and I were afraid Em wasn't going to love being the Bearded Lady....but she did! For the past couple of weeks random people have asked her what she was going to be and when she would answer with Bearded Lady, she got some strange looks. She loved her "leaf" aka feather and wouldn't take her sparkly bracelet off. Give the girl some lipstick, sparkles and some fringe and she is happy!
Auggie was the Strongest Man in the World!!!!! You can't see it but he even had chest hair. So manly. I was a Mime (a talking one...) and Douglas was the Ring Leader. (But we all know who the real Ring Leader is in our circus.....). I really love dressing up as a whole family and I love a homemade costume. I found everything we needed either in our own closets or Goodwill. Now to start thinking about next year.....
We had a full house for the party. The Cubs game was going on upstairs and I planned some kid games for downstairs. All week I had daydreamed about explaining the games....kids taking turns....HA! It was a madhouse downstairs but I think each one loved it. And yes, my basement is still a wreck. I will clean it for the next party.
Miss Emery Kayt partied all the way up until midnight and even then fought the idea of going to bed.  I loved sneaking around the corner and watching her play with friends. Look at those smiles. Such sweet girls!
We all stayed up way too late and kids of course got up way too early. I am one of those people who likes to go to bed to a picked up house....Saturday morning was not my cup of tea. Doug and I decided that Em and her friends are at the perfect age to get everything out but not really play with anything...and I mean everything.
But compared to the outside, the inside kid mess was easy to pick up. Yep. Our own party guests tp'd us with our own toilet paper. Thanks guys! Good thing there is a party at your house in a couple of weeks......
After picking up, baths and naps, Douglas and Em headed to Newton to cheer on the Eagles. I know the girl loved it. She got to sit between Grandma Susie and Grandpa Sammy, she got to see Hannah and she made it home with two pom-poms and three cow bells. It doesn't get any better than that!
Auggie and I chose to stay home and play. No real reason except wollering an Auggie sounded like no fun and I was ready to just sit on the floor and read books. It is rarely just the two of us. I think he liked it even more than I did. He would play by himself and then run up to me just for a hug or cuddle and then go play some more. If I would just permanently park it on our front room floor, he would forever be happy. 
But I didn't stay parked in the front room. When Doug and Em got home, I was out the door. Girls Night! I recall having a girls night right after I had Emery. Tell me if I am wrong girls, but I think we went to a winery by Morton. That was three years ago. I forgot how good it feels to just sit and chat and laugh-just the four of us. Lets make sure we don't wait three years to do this again!

Sunday ended up being a great big day and some how I took no pictures. After church it was a quick lunch and naps followed by dressing up one last time. We made it around to family and have more candy than we know what to do with. Well, my plan was to give it to trick-or-treaters but we didn't have any. Boo. Emery Kayt will try to sneak it all I am sure and I am going to have to hide anything chocolate from myself. I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween weekend. Now I say bring on the holiday season!

Comments

Popular Posts