A Weekend Away

With Emery, Doug and I traveled and did quite a bit. It goes without saying that August Samuel has been a whole new ballgame...so a weekend away has been out of the question. But when a sweet little girl is turning one and your husband is dying to see the new State Farm Center, you decide to pack up and try your luck at a weekend away. 
I am so glad we did.
First of all, if you are traveling with kiddos, stay at a new Hilton Home2. Don't question me. Do it. Our room was so perfect--kitchen, big counter for me to keep everything (because Auggie loves nothing more than to go through bags and string everything out) and a room divider. Emery was PUMPED to go to the hotel aka our new home according to her. There were two beds and a pull out couch behind a curtain. She quickly told me which was my bed, which was Doug's and then shut the curtain and said she was going to her room ha! Auggie just ran laps and climbed everything. Just like home! Doug and I splurged on Papa Dels pizza and some wine, Em requested a cheeseburger and Auggie was happy to eat a banana. After settling in and supper, it was time for the ball game.
This is our Orange and Blue family picture.
But this should really be our official family picture ha! It looks like Aug is having a fit but really he just could not stand still...too excited!
Walking up to the stadium, Emery on Doug's shoulder and Auggie in my arms, the kids started the ILL-INI chant unprompted. We joked that Douglas had never been so proud. I loved watching the three of them enjoy the game together.
We had bought four tickets and ended up using six seats I think--nose bleed section for life!
The stadium is beautiful, the kids were great (wiggly but great) and the Illini won!
Back at the hotel Emery could not wait to go to bed in "her room" (wish she was like this every night) and Doug, Auggie and I fell asleep watching Elmo videos (because there was no way Aug was falling asleep like normal). 
Kids slept in (success!) and after a yummy breakfast (stay at this hotel!!!) we had to hit the pool.
After about 15 minutes of swimming which equals forever in kid time, we packed up and hit the road. How is it that for just two nights away it felt like I packed everything we own??
The original reason we were heading north was to celebrate the sweetest little girl's first birthday! Happy Birthday Orie Ellen!
I really can't believe she is one (and I really can't believe my own sweet girl is three.)  I don't get to see Orie or her mother near enough. I hogged her a little and she might of cuddled on my shoulder and given me a few kisses. And being the crazy "Aunt" I might have bought Orie and Emery matching outfits.....
Would you believe that those two blondies sat for pictures the best? It was so nice to watch them play together Saturday evening. Sunday we attempted a brunch out. (Ladies...didn't we say last time that it was crazy for us to eat out?) The food and company were great--the kiddos were over it. Too much partying! 

We made it home safe and sound and are kind of unpacked. I am not going to lie...I am kind of just ready for Thanksgiving. Bring on the break, the food, the family...and then the Christmas decorations!


Comments

Popular Posts