Football, Friends and Fall

Start with Friday night football, then pack thirty-some good friends on a bus headed for the wine trails, end with an extra hour of sleep and throw in some beautiful fall weather...and you have yourself the makings for a fabulous weekend!
Reeeecap!
The Newton Eagles are still playing awesome football so when Friday evening rolled around we were out the door in our finest orange and blue. We will always be Newton Eagles!  Doug had been gone all week and it felt so good to be reunited but a part of me was tired and dreading wrestling Auggie at the game. I kind of wanted to stay home. I am so glad I didn't. Our nephew Mitch had such a great game and I forgot how much Em enjoys going to these. She is turning into a little cheerleader!
Plus I only had to wrestle Aug for half of the game-the other half I couldn't feel my arm due to a sleepy somebody.....but I was not complaining!
It was fun to go down on the field and congratulate the boys. Em and Katie found each other of course so that was fun too!
Doug and I had been waiting for Saturday for about a month now. A trip had been planned to go down south to the wine trails with about 30 friends. As we got ready that morning we both commented that we couldn't believe the trip was actually happening. It is one thing for 30 some people to talk about going on a trip....but for it to work out for everyone and actually happen....that is kind of a miracle ha!
It was so fun to let loose and talk and dance and laugh (and drink a little wine) together. We were already discussing the second annual trip before we even made it to the first winery. 
Everything was beautiful. The scenery, that extra blue sky, the weather.
I especially loved being with this guy. Reminded me that we need to do Doug-Ashley things more often. Sign us up for the next trip!
While Doug and I were gone, Nana, D and Hannah came to entertain. I don't think D has ever arrived without a gift of some sort. This time it was late-Halloween treats and the cutest mermaid blanket for Emery and shark blanket for Aug. I wish one came in my size! Emery went with Hannah and Nana (her favorites) to see the new movie Trolls. She has been so excited to see this and it sounds like it didn't disappoint. Now I want to see it!
Our Sunday has been a very laid back fall Sunday. After the rain this week, the leaves officially took over our yard so we all went out to "help" Daddy. Really, Doug blew leaves while the kiddos and I played.
What a perfect day to jump in a big pile of leaves! I didn't get a picture of Auggie but he was right there doing everything Em did. He fell of the slide once and went perfectly head first into the pile and was just sort of stuck. Doug and I had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard. Sorry Aug ha!
Leaf jumping must be very tiring because both babies came inside and were out! I cuddled my boy a little extra than normal before I laid him down. Me being gone yesterday has meant that he is extra-extra clingy today. He loves me so much. And I him.
I let Miss Em start a movie and knew she would nod off. How beautiful does she look with the afternoon sun shining in on her? I have been picking up and taking Halloween decorations down. I have kind of enjoyed tip-toeing around to the sound of the washer and dryer and Em's breathing. Seems like the perfect sounds for a Sunday afternoon.

Well babies are waking up and I need to make a Wal-mart run.
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as we did!

Comments

Popular Posts