2016 Christmas Break~Part One

This post is overflowing with pictures but that is okay because so far our Christmas break has been overflowing with sweet memories and lots of fun.
And we still have two Christmases and a New Years Eve party to go!
Em and I started off Christmas break in the best way....a girls breakfast! We met Sharon, Kaci and Orie and enjoyed a slow morning of chatting and eating (well we ate..Em only licked of the whipped cream.) I'm glad I got to see my girls (minus Kendra) and I can't help but pray that Emery has a set of girls just like mine someday.  
We have decked our halls all month long but there was still one more decoration to complete...their first Gingerbread House. Okay so really Doug and I did most of the house but they both decorated a gingerbread man (and snuck a lot of candy.) Four days later and Em still is asking when we get to eat the whole thing.... 
We took Christmas Eve day slow. Really long baths, extra cuddles and long naps. 
After that we got dressed in our Christmas finest and went to church. Of course I wanted a family picture which we discovered was not the easiest. I have decided that I need either Kendra or Sharon to move in with us for occasions like this. You should have seen our set up. High chair brought into the front room, coffee table on top of that, two couch pillows and a drinking glass later and we had ourselves a camera stand! And I love these pictures!
We didn't know it but the mass we attended was the Children's Mass. The Children's Choir sang and I don't think my favorite carols have ever sounded sweeter. All children were invited to the front to hear the message and it was all about Jesus's never-ending love for them. I hope we remember to go to this service in the years to come--it was perfect for Emery and Auggie (and every adult there too.) Just a simple reminder that Jesus is love.
After church we let the kiddos open one present. Em opened a cupcake matching game that we played all night and Auggie received his first ball glove (can you tell the boy was excited??) Doug and I cooked homemade Tortellini and Alfredo and I swear it was the best thing I have ever eaten. 
Christmas Eve Alfredo is officially a tradition. Before bed Emery made up some reindeer food and fixed Santa a plate of cookies. She told Doug what to write in a letter to him too. 
After making sure the kids were all snug in their beds, Doug and I got everything ready (my new favorite part.) I tossed and turned all night anticipating the morning.
And what a morning it was! At our house Santa sneaks into their rooms to stuff their stockings and then leaves presents everywhere. The man is in a hurry! It was so much fun waking up Emery and having her turn to look at her stocking. That look in her eyes. Santa also didn't have time to write our names on gifts so Em also had to find hidden E's and A's on the gifts. Auggie's favorite gift was his Horse. It was love at first neigh!
Emery's big suprise was a Barbie house. You can see her excitement above. Priceless. After presents we had to check on the reindeer food (they made a mess) and we read the letter that Santa wrote back. That might have been one of my favorite moments. It read, "Emery keep being a good little girl. Auggie....you were almost on the naughty list." When Doug read that out loud Emery's mouth dropped and then she just laughed. She told everyone about it later on that night. Nana came over later on in the morning and we cooked a yummy breakfast and stayed in our jammies all day. 
Later that evening family arrived and we decided to change it up and unwrap gifts first. Nana spoiled us all. I know how much she loves doing that and I hope she knows how much we appreciate everything she does for us. Hidden down stairs were the last few presents. We joked that this was the year of the BIG gift. Austin a power washer, Avery a kayak, Doug a smoker, the kids the perfect trampoline and me.....a curling iron! Okay so mine technically wasn't big but it was just what I wanted. The kids jumped, the big boys tinkered and the ladies finished getting supper ready. It was such a fun night that left my house an absolute disaster and my babies sleepy.
As we tucked Emery Kayt into bed that night, we asked her what her favorite part of the big day was. She sweetly said, "In the morning when it was us and Santa came." That kind of meant the world to Doug and I. Out of all the big presents and commotion she loved that first morning moment. That magical one. That was my favorite too, Em. 
Today I am trying to accomplish a little. I was not kidding when I said my house is a disaster zone. But I guess that is the way it is suppose to be. So maybe we will play a little and pick up a little. Oh and cuddle a little. Can't forget the cuddling.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. And still are.

Comments

Popular Posts