A Weekend of Memories

It has been pretty quite around these here blog parts lately. Life happens and sometimes that means blog posts don't. But this weekend special memories were made. 
And I couldn't wait to put them here.
Friday Emery Kayt was invited to her first sleepover at Nana's house. If you are anything like me some of your favorite memories are from sleeping over at Grandma's (without my brothers being one of the best parts ha!) I even had a "Going to Grandma's House" suitcase. Em thinks she needs one now. She has also already made arrangements to stay at Grandma Susie's next with Ella, Nora and Katie....they just don't know about this yet.
Anyway, Friday morning I let her pack her bag. She requested matching jammies (because her father had put her in "crazy" ones the night before) and she knew she needed bear. I told her Nana wanted to watch a movie and eat popcorn (Em's love language) so Em proceeded to pack four movies and dumped a box of popcorn in. Trying not to laugh I told her to maybe pack a few books to read before bed that night. She very slowly looked around her room then softly touched her Bible.

Em very seriously: "I think I need to pack this book. Nana loves this book."
Me: The Bible!?!
Em: Blinks at me in disbelief and crams it into her bag.

She was so excited that morning and reminded us more than a few times that Auggie wasn't invited. 4 o'clock couldn't come soon enough for little Miss.
After school she RAN to her room, grabbed her bag, and RAN back outside. No goodbye, no see ya later. I had to make her come back in and explained that Nana wasn't quite ready. At least let me put the car seat in the car and try to get a goodbye kiss ha!
I love this picture because of her smile. Seems like such a big girl smile.
Because she is way too big all of a sudden.
I know they had the best time because she told me all about it. Nana dropped the popcorn, her movie wouldn't work, Uncle Austin stopped by to see their camp out and Nana's bathtub has a step. One step, not two. She wanted Sprite for breakfast and Nana told her no and she got to sit in the front room when Nana did her hair. I hope she remembers all of these sweet little moments. I know my Mom will. It was so weird to walk past her door that night and it be open. I don't know if my Mommy heart is ready for her to be this big (and not miss me at all) but I also know that these are the simple nights she will look back on and love.
I made a wonderful memory this weekend too. I got the chance to honor and celebrate one of my best friends and her sweet baby girl. I got to be with my girls TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW which totally spoiled me and I got to witness the power of our all-knowing God and his love. I know Sharon needed all of this but on a more personal note--so did I.

I can't wait to see the pictures from the day relive it a little over on her blog but I will share two moments that my mind keep going back to. Two moments that I know God had a hand in. 
Out of no where, August Samuel RAN to Sharon, in front of everyone, and just squeezed her legs. Then, after she reached down and picked him up, he gave her the biggest hug I have ever seen. 
This is not like Auggie at all. After that I asked him if he had hugged Sharon and with the sweetest grin he would shake his head yes. I know Ian sent him. He must have known his sweet Mommy needed a hug. My other favorite memory came from Madison. I got to feel the biggest kick. My hand was int he right spot at just the right time How amazing. I will always remember that kick. I sure hope she could feel the love from the day.

Monday is here and I am not ready. Instead of cleaning up my disaster of a home I napped while the kids did and have no desire to start now. Oh well.
I'm praying for a good week for everyone. You should too!

Comments

Popular Posts