Monday

And just like that, it is Monday again. Last Monday we were well rested from a weekend of no plans and we were healthy. This Monday we are in desperate need of big naps, Kleenexes and cuddles. 
And donuts...last Monday had donuts. Which according to Auggie fix everything.
My boy has been trying his best to stay healthy. After hearing about all of the kids out sick from surrounding schools, I thanked God that that wasn't us. Sliding into February and we have barely had colds, until now of course. 
Miss Em never ever gets sick. But she climbed into bed with us at 6 this morning and her cough made it impossible for anyone to get a few more snoozes. So this Monday turned into a half day for me and doctor visits for them. And just as I expected, an ear infection for Aug and a prescription of fluids and a big nap for Em (which she is taking right now.) My house is completely quiet and all the lights are off as I type. My only questions is this: Do I accomplish things while they sleep or is the couch calling my name????
This weekend might have a little something to do with why big naps were needed and our colds finally caught up with us. We partied!! Saturday night we got to celebrate one of Em's favorite little girls, Katie! Being silly earlier in the day, I asked Em if she had a sister. Her response: "I have cousins." And then my heart melted. I love that she has so many people to love. Happy Birthday Katie! (These girls are getting too big.)
Sunday was of course the Super Bowl. I didn't see these big kids the whole time and finally made them sit still for a picture (two out of the three ain't bad.) 
I got in lots of Auggie time. He would go and play and then always wonder back to his Momma. He watched a little bit of the game, ate his weight in grapes and flirted with all the girls.

We have a FULL February ahead of us. Full of love and I hope to make it full of fun. None of this can happen if we aren't healthy though....praying for health and I am praying that for everyone. Go away sicknesses!


Comments

Popular Posts