What I Am Loving Right Now

I have love on the brain. Hearts, x's and o's, all of it. On my way to work Friday morning I randomly started to make a mental note of all the things I am loving right now. I started with the fact that it was Friday and the feel-good list went from there.

I am loving that goofy grinned little boy in the picture above. He demanded to wear his hat on Friday and now drives us to Sharon's in the morning (we can pretty much see Sharon's house from ours so don't think I am too crazy for this one.) I love his over the top excitement when his Daddy walks in the door and how he now calls me "Mommyyy" instead of "Mama." I also secretly love his over the top meltdowns (there is no such thing as in-between-Auggie.) Saturday morning he LOST it. Why? He wanted to go to "Ma-mart" to buy "nacks." Doug and I couldn't stop laughing. I love how big he loves me and I just love the joy he brings me.

I swear I fell in love with Emery even more this week. She was such a big girl. We have been having some struggles in the big girl/behaving/meltdown department and last weekend she announced she was going to be a big girl. She wasn't kidding. I love her new found love for writing her name and how motherly she has been to Aug lately. I love that she at least tries her veggies now "so we don't have to fight about it" and I love how infectious her smile is. I love that every night, without fail, she tells me at bedtime: "I don't just love a little bit of people, I love a lot of people. And I am every bodies best friend. And I am a "shweeeety."" And I love that I can say that all of that is true and that I love her so much. Because I do.

I love my husband for being such a great Dad. I love that he asked Em what tie she wanted him to wear to their dance. I love that he danced the day away with her and that he really is her Valentine (because she totally loves him the most ha.)  I love getting the chance to go out for supper, just the two of us and I love that he never turns down sharing a bottle of wine. (And I love living here so Nana can watch my babies while we go out and drink said bottle of wine.)

I love holiday school parties and I love the fact that I get to go to it. I love a holiday themed outfit(s) and sweet little gifts that are hidden in my closet for my Valentines. I love this weather and hope it is here to stay. I love living in leggings outside of school and I really love this new hot pink sweatshirt thing I got at Wal-Mart for 9 bucks. I love my new haircut (it takes half as long AND stays curled so what is not to love?) and right now I am loving Burt's Bee's tinted chapstick. I love larabars and unsweet tea with an orange squeezed into it and I love having a cheap box of wine in the fridge and Doug and I's new routine of sharing a little on Thursday night. I love looking at my calendar and seeing that is is full--a little friend get together, a few weekends away soon and lots of little things in-between.

This is the short list of what I am loving right now.

What about you?












Comments

Popular Posts