A Little Fresh Air and My Funny Little Valentines

We have had too many fun days this week for me to wait and blog later. I want to remember the silly smiles and the over the top excitement over the little things. Because this is the good stuff that I know I will forget.
Em has dance on Mondays and you know there is no way August Samuel is sitting nicely for 45 whole minutes. I have been waiting for fresh air mainly because that means walks outside with my boy instead of walks inside IGA (yes that is where we go exploring every Monday.) I knew he would like the fresh air but he didn't just like it. He LOVED it. I stopped for a moment to send Daddy a picture and when I went to pick my favorite I just couldn't. Every one of these is so "Auggie"--happy, goofy, loving (did you notice him kissing me in one??) That fresh air felt so good and I really hope it is here to stay.
Tuesday was of course Valentine's Day. It was extra special for me because I got to volunteer in Em's classroom. She was so excited--she got to bring valentines, classroom snacks and she hand delivered little boutiques of flowers to her teachers.

Her class was so cute. They made bracelets with me and thanked me multiple times for spending the day with them. I love that Em loves school so much and now I can see why! She made it home with a full bag of  adorable treats. The teachers and I laughed that 3 year old moms are still all excited about little details and gifts and go all out. That won't last long ha!
Along with valentines from school, Em and Aug also received gifts from Nana, GiGi and Aunt Linda. Aunt Linda...it is safe to say your treat was the winner! How do these little stinkers know what money is?? Auggie kept saying "noneyyyy" and Em was quick to ask if we could go shopping ha!

Auggie was my Valentine and I got him some fruit snacks and Doug got Emery a Pez (yuck...I hate them but she loves them) and some markers with a new coloring book. I might have been the luckiest though when it came to gifts....my Mom got me a bottle of wine (she swears it was the first one she ever bought) and two boxes of brownies (not baked--I like to do the baking part ha!)
We kept celebrating on into Wednesday. Em and I made cupcakes for her to take to school (it was her turn to bring snacks again!)
And Auggie was out taste-tester. Strawberry cupcakes with Aunt Linda Sprinkles are Auggie-Approved!!
Em headed to school this morning with pink everything. Milk, yogurt and cupcakes--all her favorite.

The rest of our week is shaping up to be just as fun (probably even more) as the beginning.
Hope everyone's weekend is exactly what the need!
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts