Fresh Farm Air

I was away from my babies for two nights last week. On the first night I was fine. By the second I was craving a cuddle and a kiss.
Lucky for me, Douglas kept me updated with silly grins and stories of them asking about me. I love that the only thing I have to worry about when I am gone is Emery's hair haha (admitting now that Em and I make Daddy practice before I am ever gone. He has gotten a bit better.) Both Em and Aug came running to me Friday afternoon and I was already looking forward to a Saturday with them.
Friday evening Doug announced that Saturday would be a perfect day to visit the farm. He was so right.
First of all, a day in Grove means a Susie Lunch--yummy everything. Even my kids now that Grandma always has something yummy for them. After lunch we all climbed on the new golf cart and headed for the lane.
The boy hadn't been to the farm in a while and his ear to ear grin was even bigger than I thought it would be. Three of Auggie's favorite things are his Grandpa (BaPa), animals and outside. So Saturday was Auggie heaven.
If the cute baby cows weren't enough, we got to visit the new goats!
Auggie fell in love.....
and so did I. Not everyone gets to take a selfie with a goat named Mr. Cuddles.
Kids finished the day with quick tractor rides. Em said she drove all crazy and Aug just smiled and waved.
I see many a farm day in these two's futures. They love it and I love that it is there for them. As we were leaving I heard Sam say, "Well today was a good day." 
We would have to agree!


Comments

Popular Posts