Girls Weekend and Gardening

We had a great weekend. 
Okay, I know I had a great weekend. You see I was gone for half of it--away at the Hearts at Home Conference in Peoria. This weekend for me was the perfect mix of me-time and family time--both of which were good for my soul. I am pretty sure by the looks of the pictures that were sent my way, my kiddos had a great weekend too.
I am saving my Hearts at Home post for later. Still letting all of the material I learned soak in. But let me just tell you ladies, you need to go. Find your tribe, join mine, whatever. Just go.
While I was away my babies missed me zero. I am thankful for a husband that has no problem at home without me (I mean I did pick out their clothes before I left and Emery told me they ate pizza in the living room while I was gone...) but I know that they enjoyed their time together.
But my cool dude was VERY happy to see me Sunday morning!
(I am also thankful for a husband that sends pictures so I didn't miss them tooooo much.)
Saturday they went to the farm to feed the baby goats! Doug called and asked if we had any old bottles we could part with so that the kids could feed the goats. I told him to just take what he could find...maybe Baby #3 deserves a few new bottles ha! Doug said Em loved them and Auggie was just too busy being outside. Want to know the first thing I noticed when Doug sent me this pic?
Emery had a bow in her hair. And the best Daddy award goes to.........
While I was getting ready for church Sunday morning I got a text from Douglas (he was in the other room). He thought we should plant a garden that day. We didn't have a garden to plant nor any supplies. (Nor any real idea of what we were doing.) But after lunch and a quick trip to Menards and Wal-Mart.....
We started planting our first garden. Because of August Samuel, we are now "outside people." We had been sitting in church for 5 minutes and the boy started asking if he could go "ouushide." He is ridiculous. So as much as I like air conditioning in the summer months, I am going to have to embrace the outdoors. We figured working in a garden would give us something to do. 
Surprisingly, Emery was alllll about it--dirty hands and all! Auggie on the other hand walked on plants and disappeared too many times to count. It ended up Em and Doug planting and I just chased the boy. 
We have a unique little garden. A mix of what we wanted to plant and what Em wanted to plant. 
Strawberries, Pumpkins, Watermelon, Peppers and Tomatoes. Oh and Zinnias like Grandma Angie.
Grow garden grow!

Have a lovely week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts