Happy Feet

Happy feet. Kind of a silly title but it really does explain our weekend.
Auggie's little feet got to run and run outside until they couldn't run anymore. Em's little tap-shoe toes got to dance in her first recital. 
And Doug and I got to run right along side Aug and tapped our toes along with Em. So I guess you could say we had happy feet too.
This weather had us all smiles all weekend. Friday we hit up the park right after school while Daddy played tennis with Uncle Chuck. Sliding didn't last long because Auggie wanted to watch the baseball practice going on (such a boy) and Em wanted to try her hand at tennis. Katie came over and played with Em after supper and we all stayed up too late.
But babies don't believe in sleeping in. You would think the later they went to bed the longer they would sleep. Wrong. But Doug and I weren't too upset about this. A beautiful day was waiting for us!
We live right next to the Treck Trail and decided it was the perfect morning to go exploring.
(How sweet is a little boy holding his Daddy's hand???)
We ran and skipped and explored. We saw two Cardinals and touched the cold water in the little waterfall we found. Doug and I promised we would come play in the water this summer. Em is so her mother's daughter because with every bench we met she stated that we needed to sit because "I just need a break."
On the way home Auggie was barley moving those little legs of his so Doug picked him up and put him on his shoulders. A few minutes later I looked over and saw this. He was asleep! 
Note to self: The treck trail is a wonderful way to knock a little boy out!

Saturday evening it was back outside for us but this time with our buddies, Hank and Knox. Their parents brought over supper and it was nice to catch up. They live a mile through the trees and it felt like we hadn't seen them in forever! We went to bed early because we knew we had a big day on Sunday. Well, at least Em did. 
After church and a yummy lunch brought to us by Nana it was time for Emery Kayt's first dance recital! She got to wear my makeup and loved getting all of my attention. She had no idea what a recital was but she was pumped!
Really proud parents in this pic!
And we weren't just proud of her because she actually knew her dance and smiled (we had no idea what to expect out of her and she really did know what she was doing!) But we were proud of her because of the young little lady she was. She was there from 1 to 6 and I think enjoyed every minute of it. She was fine by herself, listened to the other Mommies and teachers and smiled her sweet little smile the entire day--and it was a BIG day. 
I had all these mom-worries. What if she has to go potty? What if she gets nervous or scared? Who will blow her nose? Who will make sure she isn't a hot mess? I didn't need to worry about any of that!
I just love this little girl so much and cannot believe God picked me to be her Mommy.
I teared up like five times during the show. 
1. When Em walked out smiling and confidant.
2. When senior girls danced with little girls to "Wind Beneath My Wings"--big girls you really are heroes to the little ones. Plus I mean who doesn't tear up to that song?
3. When a dance group was dedicated to a friend suffering from an illness--and then that girl came out and danced with them with the biggest smile on her face.
4. When all the seniors came on stage to dance their last dance together. They were crying too. I wonder how many years those girls have danced together.
5. When I took a picture of Emery and Charlee and started thinking all of the "they are growing up to fast" thoughts. Because they are!!! 
Auggie had a great day too. He got to see all of his grandparents and got to play outside as much as he wanted. Perfect day for him.

Sue and Sam took us out to supper after the show and I think Em's eyes were closed the minute her head hit the pillow. Auggie on the other hand sang "E-I-E-I-O" to himself for about 20 minutes.

We have been looking forward to this week. We have fun things planned later in the week and we are excited to celebrate our risen Savior.
Happy Easter Week!

Comments

Popular Posts