It Takes a Village

Oh my the old saying is true. It really does take a village to raise little ones. Especially on weekends when Mommy and Daddy are nowhere to be found.
Thank goodness I have the very best village!
Douglas and I spent the weekend in Chicago. I am so glad we did. I love my man but kiddos and life can get in the way of just normal conversations. It is almost comical how little Doug and I can say to each other when he gets home from work. Emery says "Daddy" about 400 times between 5:30 and supper hitting the table at 6 and Auggie is just Auggie. We jammed to his old college ipod on the way up, shopped a little and ate a yummy supper before meeting up with a few friends. Saturday we took our time getting ready (I think the best part of no kiddos ha!) and got to see the sweetest couple get married. We partied it up with old college friends all night long and were real ready to see Em and Aug by the time we got home Sunday evening. We don't get away often but we know how to have fun when we do!
While we were away, everyone pitched in to take care of our babies. Friday was Sue and Sam's turn--probably Em and Aug's favorite house to visit. I think Auggie Boy gave Grandma and Grandpa a run for their money. He won't tell me anything except that there was a "meow", that he played with Grandpa and ate pizza. Em says he was a bad boy and Sue said a few times "He just doesn't stop does he..." Sounds like Auggie! Emery baked cupcakes and loved the fact that Grandma curled her hair before Nana picked her up for the musical. Em hasn't missed a NCHS musical since she was born so even though I was gone, there were plenty of people willing to make sure she got to go. Emery LOVED it. Told us all about it on the phone and had the biggest grin in any picture I saw. 
I love that she loved it and got to be loved on by so many!
Nana got the kids Saturday evening. I told her to either prepare for the best or the worst. Best--they will be so sleepy from the night before that they will just want to cuddle, read books and fall asleep easily. Worst--they will be awful monsters. Luckily for Nana....it ended up being the best scenario. Auggie fell asleep in the middle of his first bedtime book and Em was asleep on the couch when Mom came out to get her. I think it was lights out for all by 8 in our house!

I couldn't wait for a big Auggie hug and for all the weekend stories from Emery. We cuddled and watched the Cardinals and just had a regular Sunday night. 
It felt good to be home. 

Comments

Popular Posts