You Can Find Us...

This past week you could always find us in one of three places. The new van, the new room or in the good ol' pool. Depends on the day and who you are asking on which spot is our favorite. (Right this minute I love the new room because it is NAP time!)
Late Monday afternoon, Douglas and I set out for Indy for two reasons. 1. Quick anniversary getaway 2. A new van. I feel like I have been shopping for a new van since I found out about sweet baby #3 and our wreck kind of pushed us to buy one sooner rather than later. I had a big list of vans to drive over in Indy so we decided to make a date out of it.
We stayed downtown and walked to the most amazing taco joint. Best guacamole I have ever had. I also enjoyed a virgin margarita (I am guessing Doug's was better than mine...). I swear I woke up every hour Monday night (not because I had to go to the bathroom which is the usual reason) but because I was so excited to van shop. I wanted it to be morning! We drove a few, saw a few and decided the perfect van had been the second one of the day. We called the guy back only for him to say "You aren't going to believe this....we sold that van five minutes ago." I was crushed! We decided that must not have been the one and went back to our list. After a major dud of a van at the next stop I got frustrated and randomly looked on my phone for anymore vans that fit our criteria. Guess were the first one on the list was.....good ol' EFFINGHAM ILLINOIS. Doug actually has a friend that works at Goeckner Bros so we called him quickly with questions and he put it on hold for us until we could get there the next day.
And on Tuesday we bought the most perfect van. I am in love. It might be a stretch to say that this van is life changing....but its kind of life changing haha. How did I ever live without automatic doors?? Our families of course had a good laugh when we drove back to Indy with nothing but God knew what he was doing when we didn't get that other van. And we still got a fun little date night out of the whole deal. 
Kiddos stayed with Grandpa and Grandma and had the best time. They always do. Cows, puppies, goats on repeat. I wonder how many miles their golf cart has driven Em and Aug! Emery has been pumped about getting a van and I think she likes the doors and buttons even more than I do. It has movie screens but we are keeping those a secret for right now....then she will really be in love!
I can sum up this weekend in two words: Pool Party! Friday night Uncle Chuck came over for supper. It was too hot to just play outside so we decided an after supper swim would be best. It was still 90 outside and the water was 90 degrees too....so not the most refreshing. The kids had never swam in the dark with our new pool light so we stayed up past bedtime jumping in and splashing. We have fallen in love with our pool this year and I love thinking about all the fun in years to come.
Saturday we headed to the Probst's house for a pool party. It was crazy that all of our people had the same free Saturday for a spur of the moment party. I love these people and it was so good to catch up. Em and Charlee had a blast. Those girls always do. 
The supper scene was so funny. I think every kid ate off of every plate. But they didn't care...they were hungry! After supper it was back in the pool for more fun. I am glad we packed Pjs to change into because even though we just live down the road, Doug and I carried in two sleepy kids. 
Throwing this one on here just because I think he is the cutest and I just want to eat him.
Sunday we had our own mini pool party. Uncle Austin and Dee Dee brought over supper to grill and Alayna came to play. Before supper the girls (and Auggie as the tag along) played with all of Em's new birthday toys.
After supper it was into the pool for our last night swim of the weekend. 
I caught these two playing paper-rock-scissors. Aug might be a Momma's boy but he sure does look up to his Daddy.

We came inside for baths (not 100% sure when their last real baths were....) and climbed into beds in their new shared room. Which reminded me...I haven't shared any pics.
This is before. Tan, pink and messy....
Another before.
And this is after. Homemade bunk beds by Daddy and homemade pillows by GiGi. (Mess picked up by yours truly.) 
Redone dresser and mirror by me. Farm house and Barbie house organization by Emery Kayt.
Pictures by Shar and the cuteness is brought to you by Emery/Auggie and Hobby Lobby. Still working on a hat rack and maybe a few more flamingos because who doesn't love a flamingo.
We love the way their room turned out and they love it too. Em thinks sleeping on the top bunk is the coolest and Auggie calls his old room "his other room" and this room his "bunk bed room." Pretty soon we can start working on making his old room perfect for Baby Boy.
After only one night (when everything about the new bedtime routine made Auggie super mad) we are loving the new routine. Each kid gets a book, Daddy is always picked to be the reader and they cuddle up on the bottom bunk before going their separate ways. Auggie stills says "No covers" every night and Em still tells me "I don't love a little people, I love a lot of people. Because I am every bodies best friend and I'm a shweety." Everybody gets kisses and then it is lights out until morning. I love this routine more than I loved the last which just goes to show this Mommy that change is good and growing up is okay.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. That is our plan!
















Comments

Popular Posts