Emery's Troll Birthday Bash

Ever since the Troll Movie came out, Em has been it's biggest fan. Anytime I asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted, the answer was always a shouted "TROLLS!"
So that is exactly what we had for our FOUR year old. And it was a fantastic day!
Decorations were easy. Think all things bright, pink and rainbow.
Nana and I made a few Poppy Headbands for the kids to wear. Here is Auggie Boy modeling one. I am not sure what kind of face he was making (and I swear he had just as much yesterday as Em did.)
D made the birthday girl a rainbow out of her fav fruits (and marshmallows). D is turning into the Pinterest Queen!
And Em's favorite decoration had to be her Poppy cake. Yours truly made it and I was pretty darn proud of myself. Might be my favorite birthday cake yet! Oh and it tasted yummy too!
After some yummy snacks it was present time. I think the girl got everything she wanted and more.
This year she was bad about listing presents and then assigning people to them. I kept telling her that that wasn't really the nicest thing to do....but I guess it worked because the girl got exactly what she wanted. A bike and Troll watch from Nana-check! A Barbie camper from Gigi and Papa-check! Earrings from Daddy and I-check! A Hummingbird feeder from Grandma Susie and Grandpa Sammy-check! And lots of other fun stuff that she is in love with.
Grandpa Jim is always up to something (we joked that maybe he really did get her a pony this time...)and all I knew was that she would love this present and so would I.
This is the before....
and this is the after. The CUTEST most PERFECT school desk for Em. He had called to ask her favorite colors a few weeks ago so I knew he was crafting something. I didn't expect this. My arts and crafts girl will love having her own desk.
We sang a loud "Happy Birthday" and ate Poppy's hair. Maybe we will cut into her cute face today for a snack!
The rest of the day was spent in the pool with cousins. Em's dream day. The kids swam forever. Adults watched and snacked a little more. After Emery came in from swimming she said to me, "I didn't know everybody was going to bring their swim suits to my party and that I was going to have a Troll party AND a swim party!!!" I really do think she had a perfect day.
After everyone left we spent the evening opening toys. Well I spent the evening on the couch watching my babies discover all the new fun things. (Douglas was the lucky one and got to put the 4,000 barbie stickers on the camper ha!)
We hope you enjoyed your special day, Emery Kayt. 
Have fun being FOUR!

Comments

Popular Posts