Back At It

I think we are finally back at it. Back to dance, back to pre-school, back to bleachers on a Friday night, back to cramming the weekend with to-dos and a little bit of fun and going to bed Sunday night with everything in place for Monday. 
Tuesday was Emery Kayt's first day back to dance. We were late and I forgot her ballet shoes (she was the only barefoot kiddo in the group) but she didn't care about any of that. A good friend pointed out that her smile was proof enough that I am still in the running for Mother of the Year. On the way to dance she said something about being scared last year but not being afraid this year. I can see that being the truth. She never came across as scared last year....maybe just quiet, a follower. She seems to have a little bit more confidence this year in everything she is doing and I can't wait to see her shine in whatever way that is going to be. 
Wednesday it was back to school! Finally! The girl loves school. She has the same teacher this year with most of the same kids. She is quick to remember the new kids' names and she told me that she could be their friend (I melted a little when she said that.) Last year the big fight was her telling us nothing that happened at school. What was for snack? I don't remember. What book did you read? I don't remember. Doug and I finally got tired of "I don't remembers" and told her she had to tell us something or else (not sure what the "or else" was going to be if she didn't....) so after that it got a little better. This year is already different. Doug got bombarded with tons of "Guess what!"and I swear we got more info from that first day then we did all of last year. 
The weather was beautiful all week and had me feeling Friday Night Football. The kids had already gone to a game this year but this was Doug and I's first. Emery loves the band and wants to be a cheerleader like I was. Auggie claps and yells touchdown and figured out we only like the orange team. I watched about none of the game--home football games are really more of a social thing for me haha. See Mom, see D and Heath, see Aunt Linda, see Shar and of course go see G'ma and G'pa. We always see some Jansen's too but Mitch graduated so there might not be quite as many this year. Between all the touchdowns and people to visit I was thankful for any chance I had to stand....33 weeks pregnant and bleachers are not the greatest of combos.

*I just want to remember that right before I took this picture of Auggie and I, he turned around and said "Ohhh you look pretty Mommy." And that my friend is why I can't say no to the sweetest boy on earth.*
Saturday started out as a "Girl's Day." Em loves a girls day and with having another boy  I told her we will have a lot of these days together. The occasion Saturday was a bridal shower.
We picked up another one of our fav girls, Ammon, and celebrated the fun couple with Disney trivia-right up Em's ally. She just wanted to know when they were going to play all the Disney love songs. Our vote is at the wedding!
Our girls day somehow turned into a boys afternoon for Douglas. He went golfing with friends and I cleaned out closets. Nesting? You could say that. While Auggie napped, Em and I snuck the last of the ice cream from the freezer. I showed her how I could use my belly as a table and she just laughed. She kept wanting me to see if the bowl would just sit on my belly without me holding it (it of course would) and she would just giggle. She is going to miss this belly of mine. 
Sunday Doug went to help out with something in Grove and the kids and I got groceries and did laundry. Nana came over and treated us to lunch too. Sunday's are always bath nights and pack up for the week nights. I hate starting a Monday behind. Anybody else?

This week is more school, more dance, more shuffling of cars and stuff. HUGE shoutout to Sam and Sue for running the kids here and there and taking such good care of them. Nana gets a shoutout too. Because of her I get to sleep in on Fridayyyyyyyyy!!

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts