Prayer Request

Inside our home this past week I spent a lot of my time folding baby laundry, watching Paw Patrol, blowing noses, playing farm and praying. 
Earlier this week I caught myself complaining. Lack of sleep, nursing failure, Auggie the Monster, fevers and sicknesses that won't seem to leave.
Then I realized how blessed I am to have that short list. Lack of sleep because of my healthy and hungry baby boy. We have money to buy formula and I now have free moments to cuddle and take care of who ever needs me at that time. Auggie may be a monster right now but he also sneaks in "I wuv you Mommy" and I wouldn't want him any other way. Sickness has hit everyone in the house but I am thankful it is nothing serious at all and that it has not hit Bennett. 
So really no complaints at all.
When I flipped my complain list around, and I looked down into my arms and saw this little blessing that God sent us, I was overcome with emotion. Here I am crying about the very things that I know so many would give everything to have. Instead of praising GOD for all the blessings that flow in my life I am just being greedy. Asking for more. 
Many people in my life need prayer right now but one constant prayer on my lips is for Bennett's Godmother, Sharon. If you have been reading this blog for awhile, maybe you remember me mentioning her from time to time. Or maybe you are lucky enough to know Shar in real life. She made Doug and I's decision on who should be Godmother easy. We look for characteristics in people that we want our own children to have. No one in my life has been a stronger pillar of faith. No one in my life is more thoughtful or kind. No one has taught me more about a Mother's love than Shar has. And that is exactly who I want Bennett to be. Told you it was an easy pick. 
Sharon just brought to mind one of my favorite versus. One I have up in my classroom and one that gives me chills when I think about it. It is the very end of Esther 4:14. "And who knows whether you have not come into the kingdom for such a time as this?" In other words, "Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created."
Imagine that. GOD knows exactly where we are in life and why we are there. That means that about 10 years ago he knew I needed Sharon placed in my life. I smile when I think that cheerleading and musicals brought me someone so strong and so deserving of miracles. (Cheerleading and musicals also brought me my two other prayer warriors/best friends/loves of my life.)
Sharon has been through more hurt and heartache than I think is fair. I have questioned GOD a thousand times. Why her? Why Madison? Why Ian?  I know she has asked these same questions. And as I rock a newborn baby that she just met, I know those questions are fresh in her mind. 
I do know a few answers for those questions. 
Our friendship (and friendships with Kaci and Kendra) would not be anywhere close to where it is today if it weren't for Ian and Madison.
I would be taking for granted (even more than I do know) Emery, Auggie and Bennett. I wouldn't cherish the little moments, I would complain more. I would not be striving to be and do better.
My faith would not be where it is now. 
My prayers would be short and sparse. Put on the back burner.
People in my community and all over this country would not be healing or being helped the way they are now through Shar and her babies.
Bennett would not have the Godmother he has. The Godmother he needs.
The list could go on....

The bigger answer I am continuously asking for and I know Sharon is too is for a sweet baby in her and Eric's arms. A sweet baby that I can go visit in the hospital. A sweet baby that keeps Sharon up at night. A bundle she can sooth and kiss and take in every feature and breath.
That is the big answer I am praying for.

I believe in GOD's great plan and I believe in the power of prayer. I have felt the calming effect it has, I have witnessed long time prayers turn into answers, I have seen prayer connect those who otherwise would have never been connected. I have seen it work.

I did not intend to sit down this morning and write a post asking for prayer. I was going to do a regular recap. Bennett just sleeps. Emery went to the musical and loved dancing at a wedding. Auggie and steroids don't mix. But Sharon is all that is on my mind. 

Will you please pray? Pray for whoever is on your heart. 
But maybe say a little extra one for my friend too.

I hope everyone has a great week.








Comments

Popular Posts