Did You Know? Holiday Edition

We are only eight days into the most wonderful time of year, but I have already learned  so much as a parent of a 4, a 2 and a new. Thought I would share my holiday findings so far.
1. Did you know that the glow of Christmas lights is the most perfect lighting to enjoy those 3 A.M. feedings in? I highly recommend putting Christmas lights in your kitchen to improve and enhance any late night snacking (you or your baby's) and I can without a doubt say that everything is better in that beautiful Christmas tree glow. Cuddles, movies, tantrums and toy messes.
2. Did you know that Christmas crafts never go as planned? Ceramic Santa's just turn out scary (and shattered by the end of the day). Your daughter will want to do all the Jesse Tree ornaments at once to get it over with. And visions of Christmas cookies are already dancing in my head...
3. Did you know that diets are dumb? Especially diets during the holiday season. Yes I could just blame my current situation on my new baby. Or I could be honest and admit that I cannot say no to Reese's in tree form (or in any form for that matter.)

4. Did you know that my kids need nothing for Christmas? As of about a week ago Miss Em had one thing on her Christmas list: Markers. 100 to be exact (did you know you can buy a pack of 100 for like 14 bucks? Who knew!) She did not want to see Santa when he came to town because she was worried that if she only told him she wanted markers, she would only get markers. We have looked through every toy catalog that has come in the mail and she just shrugs her shoulders. "I guess I already have everything." I either read this as she is a sweet, not-greedy, maturing little girl. Or she really does have everything.

5. Did you know that free toys are the best toys? Aug wants Paw Patrol things. Thats great and all but Paw Patrol things are kind of expensive. That is where having a large family of older cousins comes in for the win! Nora and Reuben's cherished Paw Patrol toys were looking for a good home so we are gladly taking them. I can now mark Auggie off my list!
6. Did you know that Pjs all day make for all the cozy feels which is perfect for the holidays? They also make bedtime quicker and less painful. Less laundry too. I highly recommend it!

7. Did you know that wine makes any meal festive? Lunchables, leftovers, Little Ceasars. It really doesn't matter...they all pair nicely with a glass of red or white wine. Try it...you'll like it!
8. Did you know that getting your kids to behave by saying "Santa is watching" actually has the opposite affect. As does "Jesus is watching". Two year olds really do not care who is watching. Case in point--the poor donkey and camel that Auggie broke. On purpose.

9. Did you know that with age comes boring gifts? Do you want to know what Doug and I want for Christmas?? A deep freeze.  How thrilling. He also wants some new white t-shirts and I would love some nice hair spray or shampoo. Pleaseeeee Santa!

10. Did you know that with every year, I fall more in love with Christmas? I love the twinkle of the lights in Auggie's eyes and hearing Em sing her favorite Christmas tunes. I love the traditions we are starting and the memories that we are making. And I also fall more in love with the Christmas story. I can't help but think of Mary while I hold Bennett at night. A young Mother meeting her baby boy for the first time. Falling in love so quickly and fiercely, immediately wanting to protect him and keep him little and safe forever. Wondering that night how this little bundle would change the world. I have felt those feelings three times now and as my children grow I hope that they fall more in love with the real reason for the season.

Hope you learned something ha!














Comments

Popular Posts