Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

This past weekend was our much anticipated Girls Trip! Finally! Emery Kayt was nearly impossible to buy for for Christmas this year so Nana decided to buy her an experience instead--tickets to see Disney on Ice in Indy.
We set out early Saturday morning. I am not sure who was the most excited....
I am a Disney girl at heart and have never been to anything like Disney on Ice. 
Now I am thinking I went into the wrong career--I should have become an ice skating princess!
The theme of the show was "Dare to Dream" and it presented Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, Elsa and Anna and Moana as heroes. According to the show, a hero is kind, gentle and brave. I loved the message it taught all of the little girls.
Nana splurged and bought Emery the biggest and coolest wand ever. She loves it. Loves it so much she demanded to sleep with it ha!
The show really was so good. It was fun to sing along with my girl and watch her watch the show. Rapunzel was hands down the best part (they flew!) but we also loved Frozen and Moana. 
And again....I just want to learn to ice skate like they did.
After the show we checked in at our hotel. I swear this was Em's favorite part of the whole weekend. After checking out our room she just collapsed very dramatically on the bed with the biggest smile on her face. I love this girl.
Thank you for the weekend Nana!
On a personal note, I was looking forward to a good nights sleep--no Bennett interruptions. But then Emery picked to sleep with me. She tossed and turned, hogged the covers and even fell out of bed with a big thud! I will sleep good some day ha! (Okay really I cannot complain.)
After soaking in the fact that we were at the hotel, Em couldn't get into her bathing suit fast enough.
Doug and I had talked and wondered is she and Auggie would back track from their no-fear swimming this past summer. Well Em answered that question quickly---she JUMPED in as soon as I said go. She swam and swam and I slowly got in with her. It was cold! Watching her swim and have fun just made me miss Doug and the boys....so we may have just planned a trip to St. Louis soon.
The rest of the night was spent at Target and out to eat for supper. A girl's perfect night!
My girl the next morning--night gown and wand! Because all princesses take their wand to breakfast. 
After breakfast we packed up and hit the road--we were ready to see our boys.

Back when Emery wanted a little sister (which I can't imagine...she loves Bennett too much) I explained that being the only girl has its perks. Having a girls only trip is one of those perks--but man does my girl deserve it. Her and I talked about the fact that this trip was a treat and that because she has been listening, helping, being kind,  etc...she got to have this treat. I loved getting some one-on-one time with her. I feel like she sometimes gets overlooked and not listened to because of the boys (they are just a tad needier...) so it was nice to concentrate on her. To fall even more in love with her!
Douglas held down the fort while I was gone. I wasn't worried at all about Bennett. Auggie on the other hand...he loves his Momma. But Doug only had great things to say! I think they went to Grandma and Grandpa's for supper on Saturday and I even came home to a clean house. Go Doug!
Doug was good about sending me little Aug or B updates. The above picture is him showing me his BIG smile ha! Doug said Sunday morning he came to our bed twice looking for me but eventually went back to his room. Doug could hear him in there and finally Auggie yelled for help....he was on the top bunk looking for Emery! I think he missed both of us. We got some major cuddles in yesterday--don't worry. 
I am not kidding when I say that Bennett probably missed Emery more than he missed me. They are a pair. Douglas SWEARS Bennett giggled multiple times for him but I have yet to hear him do this.....of course he would for Doug!
Sunday afternoon the kids and I decided to give Bennett a much needed bath. Usually he screams when I bath him but this time he loved it--I guess Emery and Auggie have a new job. They in no way made the process easier or less messy but all three enjoyed it. That is what counts, right?
As much as I enjoyed our girl's day away, it felt good to be able to kiss all three babies good night and sleep in my own bed. This weekend flew by and whether I am ready or not, the new week has started.

We will make it a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts