No Plans and Fresh Air

We had no plans this past weekend which is rare. And it was just what we needed. On top of no plans, the weather was amazing--which was also just what we needed.
Everyday when we come home from school and Miss Sharon's, Auggie asks if we can play outside. It felt so good to say YES on Friday. I think I surprised him. (And of course now it is cold again but he still thinks we can play outside.) The weekend's weather just made me ready for spring!
I had to add these pictures of Auggie on here. He will go to three year old pre-school in the fall but he is ready now--new back pack and all. I am a sucker for a cute back pack and saw this on sale. Look how proud he is of it!
It is his "Illini" back pack because "My Daddy wuvs Illini."
I think Emery was just as excited as he was. She showed him how to unzip it and put it on and even where his pencils can "live". I can't imagine him in school right now but I need to remember that we still have like six months....he can do a lot of growing in six months. 
I hope he loves it and is only a little ornery.
Watch out Pre-K---Auggie is coming your way!
Saturday morning Douglas and the kids let me sleep in. Woo hooo! I love sleeping in. Love it. Its funny to think that back in my college days sleeping in would have been to like 11....or later...
Now if I can get to 8:00 I feel like a new woman--ready to conquer the world!
 Because we had no plans besides laundry, grading and taking down the outside lights, I spent a good amount of time snuggling B. Because why not. Saturday was made for him and I.


The rest of Saturday was spent outside. The kids and I went on a long walk so Doug could work in the yard. They like to do what we call "Mailbox Runs". While I push Bennett, they run to a mailbox and wait there. When I get closer I tell them they can go and they run to the next one. Keeps them close but lets them run off some energy. The only problem is Auggie thinks he has to open every mailbox. "We haven't opened this one yet!"
Isn't that a felony?
Back home we thought it was time for Bennett to try out the baby swing. Well first we had to convince Auggie that it wasn't his anymore. The kid just wants to stay little.
Em and Aug took turns pushing Bennett--I don't know who was happier. I foresee a lot of swinging this spring and summer. Having two big kids has its perks--now I don't have to stand and push a swing haha....Mom win!
Baby B loved the swing. Really he just loves attention and he is never not getting that so the boy stays happy. Saturday night we made homemade Chicken Strips (our specialty) and Doug and I played darts while the kiddos ran around downstairs. 
Crazy Saturday night!


After church and Niemerg's breakfast (which Bennett slept through all and then some) Emery got a text from D. Did she want to go on a movie date? Well of course she did! They went to see The Greatest Showman and I am just a little jealous. Em told me I would like it so we might have to go see it. Have you seen it? 

Since Em was having a special day we thought Auggie and Bennett could use one too. We headed to the park for some afternoon sunshine. 
Ignore the gross looking stroller. Third baby problems.
Anyway. The whole time we were at the park I could not get over how much Bennett reminded me of Emery all of a sudden. I mean...I know he looks like her but he really reminded me of her while we were at the park.
And then I found this old picture. No wonder! Look at my sweet baby girl in her pink. Being a girl mom was and is so fun. But so is being a boy mom. So is being a mom in general. 
I had a lot of moms reach out to me after my blog post on patience where I shared that I have none. Sounds like I am not the only one. That made me feel better! I loved the words of honesty and encouragement. 
After last Tuesday and realizing some things I need to work on, we have had such a better time.
Emery had two HUGE meltdowns on Saturday. Very unlike her. Auggie...well Auggie is just always on the verge of a meltdown.
But Doug and I didn't meltdown. There was never a time this weekend that I was unhappy with how I parented. It was still hard and I still got frustrated. There were still tears and tantrums. But we all worked through them. We breathed and apologized and worked to make things better. 
The bad doesn't stick out to me like the good does so I will call that a major win!


And if you really want to talk about patience, come watch Auggie and Emery give B a bath ha! Doug and I gave up a long time ago on giving all three baths on the same night--so Bennett gets his own night. And Aug and Em help. Help might be a stretch. They fight over who gets to sit on the step stool (Auggie always wins) and they take turns (kind of) pouring water on Bennett. Em does a nice slow pour on his belly....Auggie just dumps it on him and somehow gets us all wet. We might have dropped the soap bottle on B's head and Auggie for some reason had to wash his hands after each encounter with Bennett's water or soap. I don't know why and I don't ask questions. 
But in the end we end up with a happy and clean Bennett Baby. So I will let my patience be tried haha.

It is Tuesday. Em woke up during the night with Croup again (or as she says "The Group") so her and Doug stayed home. Doctor prescribed meds so hopefully she gets over it and the boys never start.
That would be bad.....

Here is to a happy and hopefully healthy rest of the week!




Comments

Popular Posts