Party!

We know how to finish the year off right! Parties with some of our favorite people!
Friday was Jansen Christmas. The perfect way to end the Christmas season. Emery Kayt was pumped to play with her cousins/best friends.
Auggie and his little model pose was excited to see Grandpa Sammy and open presents.
We ate yummy food and got to catch up with nieces and nephews we haven't seen in awhile. All of a sudden I heard the most wonderful sound. Little voices singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! Grandma Susie had gathered them to get our attention. It worked! It was present time.
Aunt Cheryl is Auggie's Godmother. I am not sure who was more excited about opening this present. When Auggie saw that it was the red combine he had been asking for he exclaimed "I knew it!!"
Aunt Cheryl made his night!
Uncle Terry, Em's Godfather, made her night with her very own tent. It lived in our front room for a few days and is now set up in the basement with about every barbie and who knows what else living in it. Now the girl wants to go camping.
Best Buds.
After presents we tried something new...Minute to Win It games. Each family was a team. So you have the Heuerman's on one end with all adults....and then us on the other. Not quite fair! But we actually ended up winning a few games (and we only cheated a little....)
Em was definitely our MVP. I didn't even think she would want to participate at all and instead she was determined to do and win it all. One game involved just Doug and I and after we went she told us both that we did a great job. It was like Coach Emery. She may have a little bit of Doug's competitivness after all.
Auggie played one of the games with us but other than that set by Grandpa Sammy and watched. I wish I would have gotten a picture--they were pretty sweet. Em never ever wants to leave at the end of the night but it was wayyyy pass bedtimes. It was jammies on and out the door.
And what did this little reindeer do all night? Oh just got loved on by everyone. Tough life. 
We spent Saturday getting the house ready for our New Years Party!
I not so secretly love having a New Years get together because A. I don't have to drive anywhere and B. My kids can go to bed whenever. Win. Win.
B was ready to party it up. His smile is constant and contagious. 
These girls hadn't seen each other in what feels like forever. I barely saw them. And by the looks of Em's bedroom and the basement, they were very busy. 
The kiddos at midnight! Auggie, Bennett and Cal didn't make it. Babies!
Loved getting to see them and the rest of our guests.
Emery Kayt was my midnight kiss. Perfect way to start the new year. Today at the lunch table Doug and I explained what a New Years Resolution was and asked the kids what theirs should be.

Emery: Help pick up toys and the supper mess more. 
Doug thought maybe she should work on trying different foods. She disagreed.

Auggie: To color better.
I thought maybe he should work on listening or picking up or potty training or losing his Paci.
He stuck with coloring.

Doug and I realized we have about the same goals. 
Be healthier and be in the moment.
I'll hold you accountable if you hold me!

2017 was a year of blessing for our family. We are so excited to see what 2018 holds. 
Happy New Year!


Comments

Popular Posts