Bennett Lee~Five Months Old

Five months old. That is almost six months old.....and that, my boy, is almost a year.
(I know I sound like a crazy mom....but yikes!)
I am just going to live in denial and call you my newborn forever. Okay?
This past month brought some exciting milestones for you, Bennett. You tried food for the first time. First some rice cereal, just for some spoon practice, and then you moved right on to homemade sweet potatoes. You love them. (And are probably tired of them by now...Momma needs to find some time to make something else....). You are super messy because your hands are never not in your mouth but that is what wipes are for.

You started really rolling over this month. Because of this we stopped swaddling you and lucky for us...you didn't really mind it! You are a side sleeper, love a paci and would still rather sleep in your bouncy seat. 
You weigh a little over 15lbs and are about 26in long. I really don't know what size of clothes you wear. You have some 3 month stuff we squeeze you into, 6 month is starting to get small too and Auggie's 9 month hand-me-downs are doing the job just fine. I think the moral of this story is that I need to clean out your drawers.  
You love to chew on your fingers, you now try to hold your own bottle and you think taking baths with Em and Aug is fun. You smile the biggest at Daddy, you are soothed by Emery....and I think you think Auggie is crazy. I am sure you are taking notes! 
This month also brought about sickness for you. Another ear infection paired with a really bad cold and maybe a stomach bug on top of that. The medicine they prescribed did not agree with you at all (we stopped it after two doses) and you have been miserable for over a week now. I miss your sweet  easy smile so much but you seem to slowly be getting better.

We are ready for our B to be back and we can't wait to see what this next month has in store!
Love ya baby boy!

Comments

Popular Posts