Bennett Lee~Six Months Old

Our sweet sweet baby. Our little Bennett Boy. Our bundle of Joy. 
Is six months old.
I don't know how it happened. This month kind of snuck up on me and I have a sneaky suspicioan that all months and milestones from here on out are going to go by quickly. But I want to remember you at six months old. Your contaiguous smile, your hoarse voice, your always kicking feet. We just love you so much.
We don't go to the doctor until next week, but I do know that you are my biggest baby and that none of your clothes in your drawers really fit. I promise to clean out your drawers soon and find Auggie's old 9-12 month stuff. Momma's been busy! For now you wear mismatch outfits and squeeze into too short jammies....but you could care less.  You drink 6oz bottles during the day and an 8oz bottle before bed. Sometimes you are starving and sometimes you just want to play with your bottle. Lately Emery feeds you and I don't know who loves it more. At supper time you usually have a fruit or a veggie--you would prefer it always be fruit. You really really want to eat what we have and I suspect that you turn into the baby/toddler that just eats whatever we eat.  
*Look at that dimple*
When it comes to sleep you are just kind of in the middle. One night you will get up once and I will swear you are going to sleep through the night soon and the next night you just won't ever really settle in. Now, if we put you in your bouncy seat, you will sleep forever...but you need to learn to just love your crib. There are many early mornings that you are restless and if we just put you in your seat a certain way, you conk out for a couple more hours. When you are in your crib, you sleep on your belly with your little cute butt up in the air. Emery slept this way and seeing you do this takes me back. You two are so alike. 
Speaking of Em, I don't know who loves each other more. I think you and Auggie are going to have a rough and tumble relationship. He can be kissing on you one minute and laying on you the next. At this rate you are going to be bigger than him so he better watch out! No matter what, you give Daddy your biggest smiles. Em was the same way. Oh well....I will always have my Auggie Boy! 
You love to roll all around the living room and you have recently found your toes. They go straight to  your mouth like everything else! Emery and Auggie never played with their feet so I think it is funny to watch you. Changing your diaper is nearly impossible right now. You love your paci and your singing elephant and attention. I was going to make a list of things you hate but I honestly can't think of any. I hope you keep your happy, go-with-the-flow personality forever.
As much as I hate that you are growing so fast, I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to your upcoming changes. I think the big kids will think it is so fun when you start crawling (I know I should be hoping that you stay stationary for awhile, but bring on the next crawling adventure!)
I am looking forward to spending your first summer outside--walks, swinging, swimming. You are just going to fit right in with our fun. 

We love you Bennett Baby. What did we ever do without you?





Comments

Popular Posts