Emery's Pre-School Graduation

Yesterday was a big day for Emery Kayt...she graduated Pre-school! The other day my Mom said, "I don't want her to be in Kindergarten yet....because once you are in school....you are in school!"
That thought had already crossed my mind a million times. 
But Em loves school and I hope she always does. She told us recently that she is excited and nervous for Kindergarten and we assured her that was the right way to feel about it. 
Her class put on a cute little program and I had to blink away tears the minute she walked in, smiling and waving. She performed in a nursery rhyme, received a diploma (along with a big hug from Miss Kortney) and got to watch a video of the past year. The smile never left her cute little face.
On her report card she got Meets Expectations on everything except one skill:
Concentrates on Task
Doug and I had to laugh because this is soooo accurate. Just the night before we told her to put her socks on before bed and I swear 15 minutes later, with multiple reminders, she still had about half a sock on. I think we might have a daydreamer on our hands.....
Em had a big cheering section too, full of her favorites. Another reason I love living where we live--family gets to love on her during these little moments. Poor Grandpa and Grandma....I think they have around four graduations to attend this week. And they wouldn't miss any of them for the world!
Gigi, Papa and Grandpa Jim cheered from the front row. My grandparents never missed anything I was ever in and I love that they now get to support Emery. 
And of course Nana was proud of her girl! Nana took us out to lunch to celebrate afterwards.
Thankfully, Doug and I's jobs believe family comes first and we never have to miss anything. The boys joined us too. That was not in the original plan, but Bennett had been under the weather with a random fever and deep down I knew Auggie would love to watch Emery. He ran up to her at the end and yelled, "I'm proud of you, Em-er-y!" 
Clearly he was excited to be there....check his smile!
We loved getting to have Miss Kortney as Em's teacher these last two years. She goes above and beyond. Auggie will be in her class next year too!
We have already warned her that Auggie might be a whole different experience than Em was.....
The Jansen Girls. They have not gotten to be in the same class yet but fingers are crossed for the years to come!
And I had to add this picture. This is when they started pre-school two years ago. They were babies!!
Doug says no wonder we think Auggie seems young to be starting school....so much changes so quickly!
Here is Em two years ago. Sweet and shy and excited. Today she is still sweet, not near as shy and just as excited. 

Good bye pre-school....hello Kindergarten!

Comments

Popular Posts