Mother's Day Weekend

Minus a 102 temp and a really sore throat for me, this was a pretty good weekend. I am never sick, I firmly believe that God doesn't let Moms get sick, but this was my weekend. On a positive note, I am super glad I was sick this weekend instead of next, I got plenty of rest (every Mom's dream), and my kiddos still had a wonderful weekend.
Can we just take a second to acknowledge Bennett's dimple. I fall in love with it more everyday. He is totally going to use it to get everything he wants from me, isn't he? 
Anyway, we got this swing as a family gift for Christmas and Doug hung it this weekend. And we are in love. We are outside people--Auggie would live out there if I let him--so the more fun stuff to do the better. Now we just need the pool up and running and we will be set!
Friday evening it was our turn to host Impromptu Friend Friday. If you ever need something to do on a Friday, call me because I bet we are getting together with someone and you are invited! To beat the heat the kids played with water balloons and squirt guns.
We even broke out the old Hello Kitty sprinkler. I love Auggie in his "Rubber Black Boots"--that is what he calls them (they are blue but I am not going to tell him that). We finished the night with Homewood ice cream and a back porch dance party. 
We love Fridays. 
Looking back, I didn't feel great Friday night, but kind of pushed it out of my mind. Saturday morning I felt worse, but again, we had plans so I figured it was nothing some ibuprofen couldn't fix. After a morning of making messes (and a quick floor nap for Bennett) we headed out to shop for Mother's Day. Doug had texted me the day before saying that he and the kids were going to go shopping for me for Mother's Day. I knew he knew what I wanted, a bird feeder and my porch ferns, so I just invited myself along haha. No surprises this year! By the time we got home from shopping, I was down for the count and went to bed. I said a little prayer, hoping to feel all better for Mother's Day but figured it was a long shot. 
I think he looks like Emery here. We don't know what he means, but Auggie squishes B's cheeks with his fists and calls him "My Punchy Little Bennett" and now we all do. Makes no sense.
I swear this boy doesn't stop until he stops. He is happiest when playing with the big kids and Doug and I both think he is going to be crawling sooner rather than later. Yikes!
Sunday morning did not bring me new-found health so I helped pack up the kids and Doug and sent them on their way to celebrate Nana and Grandma Susie. They celebrated with the Second Annual Mother's Day Fishing Trip. Em told me she caught three "blue fish" and that Uncle Austin fell in the water. I am sorry I missed all that! I think they also got to wish Grandma Angie and Grandma Susie a Happy Mother's Day and of course ride the golf cart. All I know is they were very sweaty, dirty and sun-kissed when they got back home. Oh...and they were happy. 

I feel better today. Auggie kissed me on the cheeks last night to make me feel all better and messages for Mother's Day filled with kind and loving words helped too. 
Here is to health and the last week of school!

Comments

Popular Posts