Officially Summer

It is officially SUMMER! 
That means sweaty kiddos who always seem to need a bath, big happy smiles and playing outside until well past bedtime. We aren't even a week in and this has been our motto everyday so far. And we have every intention of keeping it this way. 
Emery and Auggie have a new found obsession with our little neighbor girl who is 10. She is going to be my saving grace this summer. I have Bennett who can't always be outside (although he would be pretty darn happy if he was) and then I have Auggie who has to be outside every waking minute. Emery and Jordan (neighbor girl) do a good job of bossing keeping Auggie out of trouble and entertained while I run in and out (and get nothing accomplished.)
Our poor air conditioning....I won't want to see the summer bills.
The kids have quickly clicked into summer sleep mode--stay up late and sleep in. I guess that is what happens when you play hard allll day. I even enjoyed coffee on the porch swing in peace and quiet the other morning. I'm not trying to brag. I just want a reminder that this really did happen....because you know it won't last. I think it is perfectly okay for Moms to rejoice when they get some good sleep! I love the above picture of Emery Kayt. I have a picture just like this from a few years ago and I couldn't believe how much she looked like her baby self. During the school year our mornings are rush-rush-hurry-hurry so I enjoyed getting the opportunity to peek in and watch her sleep this week. 
This week marked Em's last day in daycare. Crazy! The first thing she said to me that morning was that she was going to really miss Lucas. Such a sweet boy. Good thing he lives close--I promised we would have him over to swim and I bet she reminds me. 
Our babysitter snapped this picture for me. I know the boys will look completely different when they start back up in August. They will miss going to Sharon's this summer but I hope I can keep them entertained. Also, can we just talk about how crazy Emery looks. Pretty sure she is the sweatiest little girl in the world. I swear I do her hair every morning, a tight pony-tail because I know she is going to run wild all day, and a few hours later she looks like a hot mess. A literal hot mess.
The girl just might have to start wearing a hat. 
Oh--and I am ready for the pool to be warm so we can start counting swims as baths. 
The dirty feet are getting a little out of hand already!
If you need B this summer, you can find him here. I have permanently moved the pack-n-play outside and he is happy to roll around in the shade and watch the big kids as they run past. I just ordered a beach tent thing I am excited to try out and I of course can't wait to get him in the pool. He is soooo close to crawling so containment is only going to get trickier.
I am so going to enjoy my summer with him.
Our friend Lincoln stayed at our house one day this week (these two don't look ornery at all do they...). I have learned that my kids are happiest with other kids so bring on the playdates. I cleaned out the garage while they played (I am the best wife ever) and loved eavesdropping on their conversations. 
We ran errands with Nana today (she treated us to Cracker Barrel: the family fav!) and tomorrow we have swimming lessons, a lunch date and then a visit with Gigi and Papa. After that, a fun weekend planned! Our summer calendar is already filling up with fun and I love it.
And since it is officially summer, I have been thinking about things we want to do. I guess kind of our bucket list. I asked Emery and Auggie for input too.
Emery said she wants to swim, play with friends and eat ice cream. Girl after my own heart. I told her we could make all of this happen and happen a lot. Auggie said he wants to go to the farm, see the milking parlor and ride on Grandpa's golf cart. My man is easy to please.

And my list. I want to continue to work on my health. I can successfully run a mile right now without hating it or wanting to stop. I know a mile is not much at all but I am doing my thing and proud of myself. Go me! I want to continue to work on patience. I'm telling you, I don't know how our babysitter or my friends that stay home with their children do it everyday, all the time. That is why summer break is perfect for me. I love our days together so much but I know there will also be those days where my patience wears thin. Probably because of Auggie if I am being honest haha. I told him was going to work on his listening skills this summer but I don't think he heard me haha.
And I want to enjoy my time-time with friends, with family, with the kids, or just with Doug. I just want to enjoy my people and my summer! 

Comments

Popular Posts