Emery Kayt~Five Years Old

I have taken to calling this the Summer of Bravery when it comes to Miss Em. She seems to have grown up right before our eyes these past couple of months and I find myself just watching her. I love the little flair she adds to a simple walk. I love how distracted she gets if Bennett is in the room. She can't help but stop mid-sentence and kiss him. I love how she encourages Auggie yet is the first to tell me that he has been bad. I love her contagious laugh and her independence and her big heart. She is our problem-solver, our rain-dancer, our day-dreamer, our explorer, our mother-hen, our biggest helper and our "shweetie". While watching her these past couple of weeks and really soaking her in, I can't believe she is my daughter. She is looking so grown up all of a sudden and I think she is the most beautiful girl in the world. And her insides match her outside.

She loves to take care of others. I can always count on her to give Bennett a bottle or to soothe him if he is sad. Auggie often wakes up before she does and comes stumbling out of his room like a crazy person. Emery always brings him his (many) stuffed animals so he can snuggle on the couch. He has never asked her to do this. She just wants to make him happy.

She is a day dreamer. I swear this girl's head is more often than not, stuck in the clouds. I always want to know what she is thinking about. She never-ever gets in a hurry and likes to do things her way. She has made me change some of my ways (because I am a hurrier at heart.)

She is funny and has the best. laugh. ever. She picks up on jokes and play on words and her cackle (because it is way more than a laugh) is infectious. She thinks her Daddy is the funniest and then maybe herself next.
She can be a worrier. She worries about our safety or trying something new but she also seems to be figuring out her own way of making that fear or uncomfortable feeling go away. Prayer seems to bring her peace (or asking us every single night if we have locked all the doors and windows). I recently was away for two nights and when I came back she told me that always asks Jesus to bring me or Daddy back when we are gone and he always does. I also know that she asks him to give her good dreams every night. I love the trust that she puts in him. The faith of a child is moving and inspiring. 
With Emery I feel this great sense of responsibility. I want so much for her. I am really feeling it with this 5th birthday. F I V E. Five just feels different. I look back and see how much she has grown and changed since four and I can't imagine what this year will hold for her. But I am so excited for her because she is so excited. Always up for a little adventure, this little one is.

I interviewed her like I have for the past two birthdays. Some of her answers surprised me, some made me laugh and some are so her.

Here is Emery Kayt, five years old:
How old are you? Four but I am going to be five.
What makes you happy? I like playing outside with Auggie and Jordyn. (She and the neighbor girl could play outside from sun up to sun down.)
What is your favorite animal? Kitties. I sleep with a kitty named Snowball. I have a real kitty too named Whiskers but she is not really my kitty. (Long story.)
What is your favorite color? Pink!
What is your favorite thing to eat? Mac'n'cheese. (And I swear the cheaper the better with her.)
What is yucky? Ummm..I don’t like manure. Well...really I bet nobody likes manure.
What is your favorite TV show? Luna Petunia
What is your favorite movie? Tangled because Rapunzel is my favorite princess.
What are you really good at? I am good at drawing. I like to draw houses with us outside with flowers and rainbows.

What is your favorite song? PINK! (Really this is her favorite artist. She likes liking songs that Doug and I like. Matchbox 20-yep. Ed Sheeran-yep.)
What do you and Mommy do together? We read books and go see movies. Oh...and we love to swim.
What do you and Daddy do together? We go to Daddy Daughter dances.
What do you and Auggie do together? We always play farm outside.
How do you help us with Bennett? I always help give him a bottle. Oh....and I just love his little teeth. (She loves everything about him.)
Who do you love the most? Daddy….well actaully Daddy and Bennett. (Forever a Daddy's girl.)
Who are your best friends? Beckett and Charlee. Pete, Bennett and Auggie. Jordyn and Hank and Knox and Lucas and Brooks.....(I finally cut her off. The girl loves everybody.)
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Chef! I would make mac'n'cheese….so I could work at Cracker Barrel! (When she was three she said she was going to be a cook....maybe she is on to something.)
What are you thankful for? I always thank Jesus for watching us.
What are you excited about? Eating grilled cheese at school. (So random but who wouldn't be excited about that!)
Happy Birthday Emery Kayt. We love you 100!
And I love this man 100 too. Today is also Doug and I's 7th wedding anniversary. Seven years ago we were just babies and now we are raising three. I have been loving on him for way longer than seven years though and look forward to loving on him forever more. We have become quite the team, my best friend and I and I can't imagine doing life with anyone else.

I have always said that today is one of my most blessed days and every year that rings more and more true!




Comments

Popular Posts