Bennett Lee~11 Months Old

I blinked and my baby boy is 11 months old. This past week I ordered 1st birthday invites and I scrolled through toys on Target.com. What the heck do you get your third child for their 1st birthday, anyway? Bennett you have been a busy boy this past month and if this month is any indication, I am going to have a walking, talking, wild one year old in no time.

You are a big boy. People comment on how tall you are and they are right--you will forever be in hand-me-down high-waters. We also think you will be bypassing Auggie in size in no time. Perhaps because you are happiest if eating. You want what everyone else has. Baby food lasted about a month with you and you honestly don't even like that I cut your food up. You want the whole sandwich, the entire banana, the bigger the better. You also scream at us the minute your plate is clean. I wonder if MORE might be one of your first words (you already say "no, no, no, no, no"). You could care less about a bottle unless it is in the middle of the night and would prefer a sippy cup with whatever you think Auggie or Emery are drinking.
 You are still my worst sleeper. Some nights you sleep sound and others you are up a couple of times. You have me very figured out and know that I will give you a bottle.....I have created this little monster. Maybe this month we will work on that.
On the bottom you have two teeth fully in with two more peeking through. On the top the front four have appeared but still have a ways to go. If I thought your gummy, dimpled grin was cute, I had another thing coming. Your big goofy grin gets you anything you want. And you know it.
 You are a chatter-box. You mimic our sounds constantly. If we yell then you yell. If we sing then you try to too. Like I said before, you can say "no, no, no, no, no" (perhaps you hear that often?) and your next favorite word would be Dada. You have figured out how to climb on things but show little interest in walking. Crawling is much faster and you have an Em and an Aug to keep up with. You must be the center of attention at all times and the thing is, you are! You get the most excited to see Daddy but have turned into a Momma's boy this month (which I secretly love.) We have always thought that Auggie was our wild one but you seem to be Baby Auggie on steroids....which has me very worried for my future!
 But B, we wouldn't want you any other way. I have said it before and I will say it forever--you are such a blessing which is why you have the name Bennett. You have brought us so much joy and we love you so much.

We can't believe it is almost birthday time. Looking forward to celebrating you, Bennett Lee!

Comments

Popular Posts