Pumpkin Patch Fun 2018

October is one of my favorite months. (I love July and December a lot too. I like a holiday, what can I say.) October brings with it Friday night fires, open windows, extra blankets, cozy clothes and the prettiest skies God paints all year. Our October also brings with it a little extra fun. Pumpkin Patch trips, costume parties, bon fires with friends. And because of Bennett Lee, a first birthday celebration. With all of that, how could October not be one of my favorite months? 
Yesterday was one of those perfect fall days so we took advantage of it and did one of our favorite fall past-times. A trip to the pumpkin patch! We are Arthur Pumpkin Patch People but I kept seeing fun pictures of the Possum Patch in Olney. We decided to give it a try and everyone was excited to hit the road (so excited that we couldn't sit still for a picture haha).
Right away it was a hit. Em slid down the slide, Auggie played with the corn and checked out the animals....
And Bennett kissed goats. B is our animal lover. He squeals when he sees any type of animal so really it did not surprise us the he was a giggling fool when we got into the goat pin. 
Auggie's favorite part of the day was the pumpkin sling-shot. He picked his pumpkins....
And then let'um fly! Don't tell Douglas, but Auggie was actually better at this than he was. 
Em loved it all. They had this super cool tarp-trampoline-air-dome thing and I think she would have bounced around on it the whole day. Auggie on the other hand made it to the top with Em's help only to start bawling and come back down. You just never know with him. But Emery Kayt, she loves trying out something new and I love that about her. 
Bennett enjoyed his first hayride and I think only put a few pieces of hay in his mouth. Which is a total miracle and win. 
I love a good hayride. I need more of them in my life. The scenery and skies were beautiful and it was nice to just sit back and enjoy with a blue eyed boy on my lap (I guess since all my boys are blue eyed I need to be specific. Auggie--not Bennett or Doug). 
The big kids of course liked the barrel train but in all honesty, Auggie was much more interested in riding the actual tractor.
This one right here was just happy to be along for the fun. Man, when B is healthy he is so darn happy and easy going. And cute. And ornery. But cute. 
I can't believe my baby is going to be one in just a few weeks. Today I joked that instead of a "Birthday Week" like Em and Aug have in the summer, we are going to end up declaring October "Birthday Month" and anything fun we do we will just tell Bennett that we are doing it for his birthday! He deserves it for the amount of joy he brings to our lives.
By the end of the afternoon, Doug and I got to just sit and watch Emery and Auggie ride big tricycles and scooters around a track. Em snapped this picture of us together and her skills aren't bad at all. I don't know what he was thinking about, but I was thinking that it is days like this day that I feel overwhelmingly blessed. That I realize a smile hasn't left my face and that I have a million thank you's to say to God. 
Our 2018 Pumpkin Patch Trip was so fun. (Even if we didn't get any pumpkins there....story for another time.) I love making memories and October is full of so many memory-making chances. Maybe that is why I really love it. 



Comments

Popular Posts