Our Weekend

As I type this, I am sitting on the couch in silence. Okay really I can hear three things; the leaves falling outside (good thing Doug worked so hard on them Sunday), my dryer (which is working overtime today) and the crackle of my favorite pumpkin scented candle.  Note that I did not list my babies-they are busy playing at the sitters and not missing me at all. I guess you could call it a mom-mental health afternoon. Douglas told me I should take a nap. Instead I think I will recap. 
Emery and I (and Nana, Dee Dee and Alayna) had been looking forward to Friday night for a while. We had tickets to see my schools production of Cinderella. Can you tell we were just a little excited? I have been going to Newton's musicals since I was a newborn and I can say the same about Em. It is always in the spring. St. A has a fall musical and last year was our first time going to it. As a teacher and coach there I find that I enjoy it even more. I love seeing my big kids up there on the stage. I laughed out loud to the point of tears and my cheeks hurt from smiling. It really was so good. 
Miss Emery Kayt's eyes never left the stage. Nine of my cheerleaders were in the show and Em watched their every move. That night I texted them expressing how proud I was of them and I thanked them for bring the great role models that they are. Em says she wants to be in shows just like them and I hope she gets the chance to because some of my absolute favorite high school memories revolve around the musical (or band or cheerleading.) Life long bonds are made in extra-curricular activities. I know it makes life crazy busy at the time but its so worth it I think. 
Bravo Cinderella cast!
Saturday we headed to Grove to celebrate Grandma Angie. Happy 102!! And where can you possibly fit everyone for a 102nd birthday party? On the farm of course!
This picture makes my heart happy. And as I looked around at all the people there, I was overwhelmed in thinking that all the laughter and all the love in that room would not be there if it weren't for this amazing lady. Grandma Angie was a trooper too. She arrived before lunch and was still partying when we left that evening. She made it longer than we did! I know Emery remembers Grandma's 100th birthday (the great balloon release) and I know she and Auggie will remember this one too. 
Give the girl a cousin and she is happy (and also nowhere to be found.) 
I did run into her while she was feeding a calf. By the end of the night she was a muddy, sticky mess but I think it was worth it. 
Auggie Boy was in little boy heaven because he got to sit on all the tractors and check on the cows.
He also got a very important question asked of him. Megan and Ben asked him if he would be their ring bearer. And although he pronounces ring "bear", he accepted! He told me he will carry the rings and will wear a suit. Last night I told him to show me how he is going to walk...and he did a goofy little walk-dance. We will see how this goes. All I can promise Megan is that he will look handsome!
Bennett Lee was his happy little self. You can see in this picture, he too was filthy by the end of the party. Hence the overworked dryer today.
At one point in the afternoon I was pulling him in the wagon and noticed people pointing in my direction. I turned around to see what they were looking at....and found B like this. The kid has never been so asleep. 
 
So right in the middle of all the people there, he took the best nap ever. Did. not. move. 
Those third kids just now what they have to do. 
Oh wait....he is actually very ornery. I forgot there for a second. Did you know that once all the Kleenexes come out of the box, there is no putting them back in? Just a little fun fact I now know.

Anyway, Sunday Doug worked on leaves and I, on putting the house back together and then we all got dolled up for family pictures. Sharon made the experience quick and easy and I of course can't wait to see them. Since we were all dressed up we decided to go to War-mart and out for supper. A little treat for smiling so well. So yes, we were the matching family that you might have noticed at Walmart. If only we always looked that put together (as I sit here with Christmas socks on and the messiest of all messy buns in my hair.)

Crock pot is on and now it is snowing outside. I was going to run after I got done typing...but maybe I will take Doug's advice and cuddle up for a little nap. 

Have a great week!























Comments

Popular Posts