One Christmas Program, Two Christmas Parties and Three Grandparents to the Rescue!

Merry Christmas Eve! 
 We have so been looking forward to celebrating the birth of our Savior and the days leading up to the most wonderful day of the year have been full of smiles, happiness and holiday cheer. One thing I love is making memories with my babies so my heart is full and I am so thankful for what a sweet babe swaddled in a manger has brought to my life.
Emery Kayt has done her fair share of spreading some holiday cheer this past week. We got to watch her do a few cute Christmas dances at dance class. I never took dance but secretly dreamed of being a ballerina (I still might like to pretend from time to time) so I love that Emery is really enjoying dance this year. I know it doesn't hurt that her bestie is in class with her. She rocked her tap-dance number and now I want some tap shoes my size. 
She also had her first big girl school program. She said being in front of all those people wasn't scary at all. You go girl!
And of course, she had one of the biggest fan clubs there. Thank you Grandpa Jim!
Thank you Nana!
Thank you Grandpa and Grandma and our very special guest, Ella!
My favorite little duo again. I wonder how many times a day these two girls hug...
Aren't they the cutest little sheep?!?
When I rolled up to get Em at school Friday afternoon, it was officially Christmas Break! My second favorite break after summer of course! We hurried home because we had our first of many Christmas parties to get ready for. Nana and I had cooked all day but we left a few sugar cookies un-decorated for the girls to do. About five cookies later they disappeared....
Don't tell them but I threw their cookies away too. Sorry ladies. We will try again next year.
Supper's theme was "Everybody bring what they are good at"...meaning it was delicious. Bennett Lee agrees. Look at that sweet sweet face. 
Nana spoils all of us. She really does. If I had to guess and write a list of Nana's favorite things, buying Christmas presents would rank right up there. 
Emery's favorite gift of the night was either her light-up drawing board or her Karaoke Machine with her very own CD's. The Greatest Showman Soundtrack can now be blared along with a light show. Our dance parties will never be the same. 
August Samuel is super in to dress up toys so when he opened this Batman costume from D, he never took it off. He also wore it, mask and all, all the way to Hidalgo the next day. Doug even has him talking like Batman. I kind of love it. 
This is my favorite picture of the night. Aug had told Nana he wanted a tractor engine he could take apart....he knew exactly what it was when he opened it. When I look at this picture I can hear his excitement. 
Bennett Lee enjoyed the whole night. He just kind of roamed around and played with everything (yes, he is finally walking now). He is a master at opening presents by now and I can't wait to see him do his thing Christmas morning. Christmas with Nana was really really good this year. 
Saturday we headed to Hidalgo. I love this picture that I stole from Avery. Those poor third children...no attention or love at all....
We did things a little different this year and the kiddos were the only one with presents. I think it took a lot of pressure off of the adults and we were just able to enjoy watching the kids. And again, my Grandma was very very missed. She got so worked up over Christmas and buying just the right gift. She always had the cutest tree and wrapped all of our gifts in different wrapping paper. One year she forgot whose paper was whose and ended up having to unwrap some gifts to figure it out! I have too many favorite Christmas memories to count and they all happened right there where my kids are smiling. On Friday Emery told me that she bet Gigi and Sharon's babies were having so much fun in heaven celebrating Jesus's birthday. I teared up and told her I bet she was right. Anyone who is missing someone this holiday season please know that you have been heavy on my heart. I hope picturing what Emery described brings you a little bit of comfort like it does me.

Yesterday was "Grandparents to the Rescue Day". Let's just say Santa's little elves were not quite ready for Christmas Day. I mean you can only get so much done after bedtime. So after church we left the kids at Grove for Sue and Sam to entertain and my mom came to our house to help Doug and I finish up a big project and clean the house. This past week Emery told me I should ask Santa to clean my house and do my laundry and here I thought I was Santa...turns out my Mom is! 
Today a few friends came over for our first ever (and now I am thinking annual) Pjs and Pancakes Party. We (Doug) made the worlds best pancakes and we had lots of different topping options. The kids went with the marshmallow/sprinkle version...I preferred the Nutella and raspberry combo. 
The boys!
The girls!
And B. Living his best pancake eating life. 
Everybody stayed in or came in their Christmas pjs and it was a happy, messy, Christmas madhouse. 

And because of said wonderful grandparents, all of our other jobs are done for the day and Doug and I can really just enjoy our babies. Best Christmas present ever. 

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I hope you can just enjoy today too.




Comments

Popular Posts