Our Christmas~2018

Christmas 2018 is going to be a very hard one to top. 
I have these three littles and that handsome guy to thank for that.
I also have to thank all of our family members and some friends too. Each gathering left me feeling full. Full of so much joy (and full of some yummy food too.) 
After naps for myself, Emery and Auggie on Christmas Eve we got dressed all fancy and went to Church. Later in the service all the lights but the Christmas trees were turned off and the congregation sang "Silent Night" together. With Auggie snuggled up on my lap I couldn't help but tear up. I kissed the top of his perfect little head and thanked God for sending his perfect little boy to this earth for me and mine and for everyone sitting and raising their voices in unisin to heaven. It was a sweet moment that I hope to be able to feel forever. 
Emery Kayt's sweetness stood out to me this Christmas. She might be my giver. She always checked to make sure her brothers had gifts to open, she always waited her turn and she loved it all. Even a gift as simple as white printer paper made her day. The gift of a playhouse, what she really, really wanted, also wasn't just for her. She wanted it so her and Auggie and the neighbor girl could play. I love her heart. 
I would not describe August Samuel as a giver haha. He declared early on that he wanted all the presents and I think would have opened everyones too. We had told them that they could not go to the front room when they woke up Christmas morning, they had to come to our bed. Aug of course busted out of his room right at 7, ready to get the party started. He rarely goes by the name of Auggie lately and on Christmas morning he had decided that he was Uncle Tim. We told "Tim" to go wake up Emery so we could see if Santa had come. He raced up the ladder to a sleeping Em on the top bunk and yelled "Morning Karen!!" I guess if he was going to be Uncle Tim he needed an Aunt Karen ha! I don't think we stopped giggling about his excitement the rest of the morning. 

And just so I don't forget and can someday really embarrass him, I need to remember the "Butt Licking Incident" at Christmas Eve Mass. And thats all I am gonna say about that.
Bennett Lee made our Christmas so fun this year. He was easy to please with a few toys that play music--he is our little mover and shaker! He just roamed around happy and sassy and oh so handsome and I swear just yesterday he was a newborn who fit perfectly on my lap while the big kids unwrapped presents. I am not sure where this past year has gone. 
Our tradition on Christmas Eve is church, a yummy home cooked supper, open one present (which so far has always been a game) and get ready for Santa. We go from looking all fancy at church to real life in just a few minutes. Aug in his "farm clothes" Emery in comfy pjs and B in too small of socks and drool everywhere. Doug made Chicken Parmesan (that was delicious) and the kids opened up Uno Attack. They excitedly opened it just to find out that it needed lots of batteries that we didn't have. Oops. We played Headbandz instead and had a blast. After a few rounds we wrote a letter to Santa, fixed some cookies and milk and put out some apples for the reindeer too. Books and bedtime prayers and we didn't hear a peep from anyone until morning. 
Since my Mom and Doug's parents had helped us out the day before, Doug and I were able to share a few drinks and just enjoy a peaceful night together. When we knew the kids were for sure asleep we made sure everything was just right for in the morning. At our house Santa makes a big mess with his cookies and milk (we also learned that reindeer only like green apples and that Santa puts sprinkles in his milk...all Doug's doing not mine). Santa Claus is also a busy guy so he just throws presents everywhere instead of placing them neatly by the tree. Doug and I had been looking forward to Christmas morning a little extra this year because this beaut was hiding in the garage. Douglas built this playhouse and I couldn't love it more. My babies and their friends will make so many fun memories in it and I love that one day they will know that their Daddy made it with love. 
Thank you Douglas for making this Christmas a little bit more magical for them!
We took our time unwrapping gifts and saved a special package that said "open last" for last. Inside was a little note that told them to peek in the garage for one last surprise....
And boy were they surprised!! Emery Kayt could not stop smiling. When Doug and I stepped inside it with her she got even more excited. "If you guys can stand up that means Jordyn will fit!" All along she had specifically asked that the playhouse be big enough for her friends to play in it too. 
Well it is definitely big enough Em!
Auggie thought it was super cool and will probably claim it as his milking parlor or something farm related. These two are going to have a blast in it. 
Bennett thought peeking out of the windows was the funniest thing and I can already picture him toddling behind his big brother and sister all summer. 
Em still can't believe her wish came true and I am so glad it did!
Later in the morning, we packed up and headed to Jansen Christmas. It wouldn't be a Jansen get together without getting a picture of these two lovely ladies. Cousins really are the best. 
The boys. Who really are outnumbered. 
And the girls!
Uncle Terry somehow (wink wink) knew that Emery needed a mailbox for Christmas. You know, for her new house! She can't wait to write letters back and forth with Jordyn. 
August Samuel got exactly what he wanted and then some. He really wanted "farm boots just like Grandpa Sammy but only smaller." Right...because you would not fit in the same size that Grandpa wears. He also requested that Grandpa buy them. And of course Grandpa did. Uncle Terry got him tools. Real tools. As in can now hammer a hole in the wall with ease, tools. Douglas told him it was fine! Really it is fine....we just might only play with these when Daddy is using tools too.
I only got a picture of B eating. Because that is what B does. That and smile. (Yes, he is eating shirtless in a chair on the floor. He is my third child after all.) I think every person there held him at one point so he had the time of his life. After Jansen Christmas we cruised around with three sleeping kids before heading to our last hoorah! My brother Austin asked his girlfriend Dee Dee to marry him on Sunday (ahem...finally...) and my family and hers met up last night for appetizers and a wee bit of wedding talk. Doug and I also found out that our niece Kelsey got engaged too. 
Have I ever told you that I love weddings!?! So both of those added even more excitement to this Christmas. 
Today our plan is to play, play, pick up a little, nap, and play some more. 
And probably reminisce a little too just so I can hear about all of their favorite parts.
My favorite part was all of it. All of it with my crazy crew!

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas too ....now on to the New Year!






Comments

Popular Posts