Back!

I haven't blogged for over two weeks and I have taken a total of three pictures in that span of time. Who am I? Busy and sick. Thats who I am. 

Or maybe I should say that is who I was. 

Before I whine or come across complainy (totally not a word) I just want to preface this by saying I really have nothing to whine or complain about.  We have all had bad colds and I have been busy with ballgames. Nothing extreme at all, I know. But it is easy to feel run-down or ready for a break and honestly that is how life has been feeling for the past two weeks. And I think that is okay.

And while it is easy to feel these blah feelings, I have been reminded daily of how good we have it. So many people are very sick, hurting, heart-broken. Just check the news or swipe through facebook--if you need a good reality check, you will definitely get one. Or at least I do. During our bedtime prayer we have recently added all who are sick or sad to our list and we are thankful for the health God has restored in our house. 

We are back, or at least on the mend and way less busy this week. Thankful for that and thinking of those who are right there in those run-down, really need a break feelings. 
Picture #1 from the past two weeks: Big Kids and Cupcakes

Em and Aug got the wild hair to make cupcakes a few weekends ago and by make cupcakes I mean put ALL the sparkles on them. All of them. I guess you could say the occasion was Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Emery and I had a very serious conversation about Martin Luther King Jr. (that later had me giggling). I was kind of surprised to hear that she had learned about him at school. She knew that in his time many people were treated very unfairly because of the color of their skin. She told me that people should never judge someone who looks different and if you ever see anyone being mean to someone for being different you should stop them or get help. She knew that MLK was a hero who wanted change and for everyone to feel happy and loved and that on Monday we wouldn't have school to celebrate him. I was proud of her for how well she understood and talked about this weighty subject. She told me that MLK had passed away and she thought he was in heaven and after that she gasped suddenly. When I asked her what was wrong she excitedly announced, "Ohhh, I bet he knows Gigi!" I just had to giggle and agree.

All of that conversation happened while walking around Wal-mart. Kind of a serious topic for grocery shopping! On the way home I heard Emery from the back seat ask if we were going to have friends over. I had no idea what she was talking about. 
Me: "Friends over for what?"
Em: "For the party...."
Me: "What party??"
Em: "For Martin Luther King!"

Of course! Because when Em hears celebration she thinks party with friends! 
Sadly, we did not have a party with friends but we did make cupcakes. 
I love how her sweet brain works. 
Picture #2 from the past two weeks: My Tacky Little Kindergarten

Emery Kayt had a "Tacky Day" at school last Friday because they read the book "The Tacky Penguin". I must say this has been my favorite dress up day to date because I literally opened up her closet and said what do you want to wear. The thing is I am pretty sure my girl would love to dress like this everyday. She has some style! Later that day I had a doctors appointment (by day 12 of my cold I gave in) and Em tagged along....looking like this. I felt like I had to explain who the crazy person next to me was haha. In other Emery news, she loves her baby brother Bennett, all things "The Greatest Showman", and not listening to me. Honestly I think the girl needs some fresh air and some alone time but instead she has been stuck inside and asked to entertain her brother or do things for me. The two things that do bring her joy right now are dancing wildly to Pink or the Greatest Showman soundtrack and making Bennett laugh. And really, when I think about it, her doing those two things brings me joy too. So maybe I will let the not listening slide a little.

 August Samuel has been busy following in Em's footsteps and pretending to be a farmer. Out of all the clothes the kid has he will only wear two farm shirts. He calls it his farmer shirt "pattern". I did laundry this weekend--Em had a big stack, B even bigger. Auggie boy....one shirt and a few pairs of paw patrol undies. I have decided to pick my battles and let him wear the same clothes everyday. Less laundry for me. He makes us laugh and want to pull our hair out at the same time and I crave him. His squeezes and cuddles and kisses. I just love my little farmer boy. 

Bennett Lee has been sick. Poor baby. Bad cold and croup but because he is my third child and I knew it was just a bad cold and a croupy cough, we just doctored at home. When he is sick he doesn't sleep well meaning neither do I. One night while he was screaming mad during a diaper change (he was always hated diaper changes) we also noticed three great big new teeth. Ouch. I know with my own cold how miserable I have been so I have felt so sorry for him. I remember being sick as a child and my Dad saying he wished he could take my sickness away. That he had wished it was he who was sick instead of me. I remember thinking he was crazy but now I totally get it. But in happy news, B is so much better! And when B is healthy he is just an absolute joy. Attention seeking, funny as can be, big healthy boy. He loves dance parties and playing downstairs and could say and do a million tricks but chooses to do what he wants when he wants. 

Also, we are sleeping again. So everyone is much happier.  
Picture #3 from the past two weeks: Our MVP

I have to give a huge shout out to this handsome guy. 
For the past two weeks I have been gone a lot with ballgames and when I have been home I have felt like doing nothing. He has cleaned, cooked, entertained. And only with a little whining (jk). 
The kids and I sure do appreciate all he does for us and I know he is glad we are bouncing back with a much easier week ahead.

Here is to a good week and good health. It feels good to be back!



Comments

Popular Posts