Big Splash!

While most people's weekend recap would involve sledding and snowman building, ours involves swimming. And lots and lots of it! For Christmas, Nana bought us a little weekend getaway to Big Splash Adventure. The plans were to leave bright and early Saturday morning...and then came the snow forecast. Everything fell into place and we were able to leave Friday evening and beat the snow all the way there. I am so glad we did. No weather travel worries and one extra night of fun made the weekend that much better. 
The big kids had been asking about this trip since Christmas so they were pleasantly surprised when we picked them up Friday and told them we were headed there then. Emery and Auggie talked and sang (both at the top of their lungs) all the way there. Bennett Lee is not a night time traveler. He only got super mad once though; he and Doug had to run around a gas station for a few minutes. Whatever works, right?
But after that he was such a fun little trooper. This boy just has to keep up. He went down the slides, he swam, he took good naps and slept even better at night. Thank you B! You just keep getting more and more fun. 
Saturday morning we got up to eat breakfast and then it was time to put our bathing suits on. August Samuel declared that he really didn't want to go swimming anymore.....one must always be difficult. He said he had cows that he needed to milk (always the farmer) but we convinced him that even farmers need to have fun. And he and Em had so much fun. For awhile he needed Doug or I to go down the slides with him but before we knew it he was going down all by himself. I wonder how many times his little legs walked up the steps to the slides. 
These two are such buds lately.
Emery decided that the peace sign really means "double the fun" and proceeded to do the peace sign our whole trip haha. 
This is my mermaid, my fish, my brave little water lover. I think she got it from her Momma. She would still be there going down the slides if we would have let her. This trip just made me really, really excited for the summer. If you need us, we will be swimming. 
Late Saturday afternoon Bennett and I napped (the perks of our room being four doors down from the water park) and Doug, Nana and the big kids played arcade games. Douglas sent me this. Winners! Em got a ring and a bracelet and Auggie got a tiny little lizard he named Lizzie (Wizzie the Wizard when Auggie says it). Later on Nana spoiled them and all three got to pick a treat at the gift shop. Em picked the cutest flamingo purse to hold her ring and bracelet, Bennett got a little stuffed beaver and Auggie got a great big lizard who he also named Lizzie. So we have heard him say "Wizzie the Wizard" about 400 times. 
Saturday night we decided we needed some fresh air. We were swam out! We checked out a local little trolley and ate the best pizza. Everyone was starving. Why does swimming do that to you? After this Doug and I ran into a grocery store and bought the Saturday night necessities: Ice cream and wine. We spent the rest of the night enjoying these treats and playing Uno Attack and Candy Land. 
Everyone slept really, really good that night.
We swam even more this morning before heading home. No tears from Bennett this time. 
Now to unpack, do laundry and get ready for the week.
I thought a little part of me would be sad that we missed the snow but then I remembered I only love snow when I get a snow day out of it ha. Instead I am so glad our little vacation worked out with zero hiccups and we got to enjoy each other. I feel like I laughed with my littles more than I have in a long time. I just love them.

Thank you Nana. For everything!!!









Comments

Popular Posts