Muy Bueno

Hola! Excuse my Spanish, but I am having a hard time adjusting back to the real (cold) world. Douglas (or should I say Diego) and I just got back from a little sun and fun in Punta Cana. I wanted to share just a few photos from out trip so that I can remember all the fun we had.
Back when the idea was hatched for a group of our friends to go on a trip, we weren't going to go. The money, the kids, the time off work...yada, yada, yada. But in the back of our minds we knew we would regret not going. One night we decided to say yes and never looked back. This was our Happy 30th Birthdays, Merry Christmas, Mothers and Fathers Day, Happy Anniversary and any other holiday that might fall in there gift to ourselves. And I don't regret it one bit.
First of all, it was gorgeous there and somehow always the perfect temperature. Everyday it was like we were shocked that it was that nice again. Our resort was so full of big green palm trees and beautiful flowers. The high was around 85 and the low was around 75...so like I said, perfection. 
And that ocean breeze....don't even get me started. 
I think I was meant to live by water. The sound and smell of the ocean brought with it an immediate sense of relaxation. I had been dreaming about sitting on the beach with a book in my hand and I got to do just that. The waves were big while we were there but the crystal clear water and silky, smooth beach made up for that. 
Seriously, not a single piece of seaweed or shell on the beach. I didn't know a beach could be so perfect. I just kept think about the fact that God painted all of that.....He was showing off when he made the beaches of the Dominican. 
This was our crazy crew. We laughed too much, ate too much (and some of us probably drank too much haha). We have lots of inside jokes now-mostly in Spanish-and I am so glad we did this trip with friends. Next time we need the whole crew though. Next time!
And this guy. My favorite travel partner. Lets be honest, life with three kids can feel crazy at times so it felt so good to reconnect. No interruptions. 
But dang...did we miss our three little interruptions...

We got back around 2am this morning and all I could think about was sneaking into Auggie's bed and cuddling or seeing Em's sweet smile when she realized we were home. And I was hoping that Bennett would be happy to see me the most....but I was wrong. He only wanted Daddy.
This picture is from a few weeks ago but I missed my big girl. I know she held down the fort while we were gone. Speaking of holding down the fort, Doug and I are so grateful for everyone that helped watch the kids. I am fairly positive they didn't miss us at all because of how much they were loved on while we were gone. Before the trip I had anxiety about leaving them but after I face-timed the kids the first time I realized all was going to be just fine. They were so happy. So again, thank you.
Doug and I brought Em back a bracelet with little shells on it and I doubt she ever take it off. I can't wait to take her to the beach someday--she may look her Daddy but that little inner mermaid is from me. 
We had a video sent to us while we were gone and in it Aug just kept saying "I hope your vvvv-cation is feeling good!" He also wanted Doug to swim like a dolphin in the ocean. I missed my man. 
This morning I crawled into his bed and rubbed his little back. When I whispered that it was Mommy he jumped on top of me to give me the the biggest hug--without even opening up his eyes. He proceeded to only want to sit on my lap and definitely did not want me to go to work. But I promised him that we would cuddle the minute I got out of school. And I never break a promise. 
I had envisioned B running to my open arms and me scooping him up...but that didn't happen. My sweet baby boy only wanted his father. What the heck!?! I think he had a bad cold while we were gone and might have mastered crawling out of his crib.....sorry guys! Doug and I think that he grew way too much while we were gone. And somehow got ornerier. 


So that is our little getaway recap. Now it is back to reality. Our trip was muy bueno but so is being home! 






Comments

Popular Posts