A Week Full

We had a week full of first days, farm fun, family, friends and fantastic weather. (I love alliteration can ya tell?) Its these full weeks that seem to fly by; I blink, and I can't remember what we did two days ago. Nostalgic Ashley never wants to forget anything, so I scroll through the pictures, smile at the smiles and write recaps. Its one of my favorite things to do every week. 
Monday evening was August Samuel's special evening: Back to School Night! He had to take his backpack just like last year, he took the welcome back projects very seriously, and he didn't want to leave. For being the middle wild child, he really really loves school, and Doug and I love that. We treated him to Culver's after, and it reminds me that I need more Auggie-Mommy dates in my life. 
All of these pictures perfectly capture Aug somehow. 
Auggie jumped out of bed Wednesday morning and was dressed, sitting at the bar waiting on breakfast within two minutes (if only Emery Kayt moved just half as fast as her younger brother...). He had a blast day one and even got to take snack and have a special day on day two. He says his goal this year is to listen and be nice which I don't think are problems at school. If only I could get him to work on always doing these at home....
Really since getting back into the school year groove Auggie Boy has been in his own words, "excellent."
Thursday evening I had my monthly friend supper. Always needed. Always yummy. Douglas took Farmer Aug and the other two out to Grove to pick some sweet corn. Can you tell Auggie was a little excited? I think when he got there Sam and Sue stated that they had plenty already picked and that Doug could just take out of that. His response: Oh no...we are picking corn! The big kids were still chatty about it when they got home late that night. And I am sure Bennett loved it too. 
We went into Friday night with no plans and ended up having a fun little evening. Sue and Sam hinted to Doug that they would love to come in for supper and help us "do corn" aka put some corn in the freezer. In reality I think they knew that Doug and I had no idea what we were doing or getting into with three kiddos helping. Thank goodness they came over! Auggie and Emery were actually great help when it came to shucking the corn. We tried to make an assembly line of just Doug, Sue and Sam for cleaning and cutting the corn....B wasn't having it. He is a helper! He proceeded to throw each cob into the sink, splashing Douglas every time. His next job should have been simple; he needed to take cobs off of Doug's clean pile and hand them to Grandma and Grandpa. He did that....but licked every cob he handed over. No one is going to want to eat corn at our house! There is no way just Doug and I would have gotten everything done....thank you Sam and Sue!
After the kids went to bed, we had three more visitors. Chuck and his two new puppies, Pam and Karen. We now just refer to them as "The Clouds" and we all fell in love with these little puff balls this past weekend. I still do not need a puppy though. I have a Bennett. 
Last Father's Day Doug took Emery golfing with him and she has talked about it ever since. So has Auggie. Doug texted late in the week after seeing the weekend's weather asking if he could take both big kids golfing Saturday morning. Well of course! We kept it a secret until Friday evening and you should have seen their faces when he told them. You also should have seen and heard Auggie when he busted into our room before 6 a.m. declaring it was time to go "Dolfing!!!!" We tried to make him go back to sleep in our bed, but he was literally shaking with excitement. They had the very best time--all three of them. I don't think Doug played his very best game of golf....but lots of memories were made. 
While they golfed, it was just me and B. I never just get B. We took a long walk, sat by each other outside (I tried to hold his hand, but he looked at me like I was crazy), and just talked and puttered around the yard. We had a sweet and slow morning together. It is crazy how different they each can be when it is just them. 
When Doug and the big kids got home from golf, Bennett and I literally met them in the yard ready to go to lake. Chuck had mentioned going out on the boat when we saw him Friday and I always say yes to lake days. The weather was perfection and we spent the afternoon cruising around and eating yummy food with the Jansens. 
At one time there were seven adults, three kids and six dogs on the boat. Craziest sentence I have ever typed. By the end of the ride, Auggie was curled up snoozing and Bennett was cuddled up in my arms completely out. You know whats better than riding on a boat? Riding on a boat holding a sleeping baby boy (although he really isn't a baby anymore). 
I am very thankful that Chuck's family treats us as one of their's and let us make these lake day memories.
After the lake (and after looking real wind-blown) I did a quick curl of my hair and we headed out the door for even more fun. I was going to ride with Julie to the bachelorette party of our future niece-in-law, so Doug and the kids came along to spend the evening with Gary and Katie. What could (and maybe should) have been an early night ended up being a stay out visiting and laughing until 11pm kinda night. Every time we ever leave one of Doug's siblings' houses he says "we should do this more often" and I couldn't agree more. 
Sunday I got to have a little fun with the big kids. A buddy of theirs invited a sweet group to the Workman pool to swim for the afternoon. We don't get to go to that pool often so it was quite the treat and fun to play with friends we don't always get to see. 
We finished the weekend with an impromptu pick-up game of soccer with friends and then supper at Homewood. I'm tired just writing that weekend recap haha. Really the whole weekend felt laid back even though it was full. So my perfect weekend. 

I'm guessing it will need to be early bedtimes for everyone in my house tonight. We need to rest up from the weekend and get all rested up for Wedding Week!!! My brother gets married on Saturday so lots of fun planned for the days to come.

Happy Monday and here is to another week full!







Comments

Popular Posts