Back to School

Schools in session and we are excited! This past week was a nice ease back into business. Started off with a back to school night for Em, two days of school for myself and the girl and ended the week with a fun day away with friends. Haven't done a good ol' recap in awhile, but that is what this week calls for!
The annual School Bench Picture. I need to go back and look for the past years' pictures, but just take my word for it when I say this sweet thing has grown. All of a sudden her shorts are too short and not a single uniform piece fit from last year. I swear she gets more beautiful everyday, inside and out. 
Sadly, the Jansen Girls are not in the same class this year, but as Em quickly reminded herself "they can still play together at recess." No matter what, they will always be the Jansen Girls. We met Em's teacher(s) at the Back to School night and found her cute classroom, cubby and big kid desk. She cannot remember her teacher's name (Auggie sure can), but she is remembering the names of a few new friends she is making. She is an includer and I love that about her heart. I am not worried about her being kind and inclusive to everyone in her school--like she says every night, "I'm everybody's best friend". I am however worried about this big kid desk. I have mentioned here and there that Miss Em can be a bit messy. Last year she only had her cubby to keep alllll the things in. When we sat down at her desk Tuesday night the first thing I noticed was that her desk had a shelf to keep things on. Perfect. The next night at the supper table we all talked about our goals for this school year. Auggie's goal is to ride in the combine during harvest (go Farmer Auggie go). Emery sat and thought for quite awhile. I figured she was going to say something about learning to read, but instead she stated that her goal was to keep her desk clean. While I know there are many more important goals out there, maybe this is a great place to start this year. Be kind, listen, and keep that desk clean, Em!
We had to make our last night of summer a little special so to Homewood we went. 
Fun fact: they have Illini ice-cream. I know what Auggie will forever order now...
And just give B all of it. All of it. 
Thursday morning everybody hopped right out of bed. First day of school! How cute is Em in her school uniform. I love them. Doug and I both think our mornings are going to go much smoother this year because the two big kids can get themselves dressed which helps a million. B can still be hit or miss on the morning attitude but so far so good. And so far so good for me waking up on time....bets can start now on how long this lasts.  
And the Most Fabulous Backpack goes to...
I personally had a great first two days back. Good to see old faces and good to see new. Emery Kayt also had a great time. She said she didn't learn anything the first day, but learned about God, Noah and tornado drills on Friday. Interesting mix! Two short days wore us out, so I am intrigued to see how we do with a whole week of regular days. Bring it on!
Saturday we hit the road early; we had friends to see! This was our second annual friend summer get together. We always have to get a porch picture (I need to go back and do a lineup of all the pictures since Dez and Aug were born) and this year's sure doesn't disappoint! I love all of these littles. 
Auggie would live at the Crane's if he could. He spent his time barley sharing the four-wheeler and wanting to ride in the side-by-side. Em loved swimming in their pool. 
And this one was just happy to do what everyone else was doing. Forever the tag-a-long. 
I loved laughing and catching up with these ladies. I always leave them just wanting more time. 
How about we not go forever until the next time we all see each other?
It was a quick fun trip on Saturday followed by a lazy Sunday at home gearing up for the full week in front of us. Auggie Boy will start pre-school (he is a tad bit excited) and hopefully Bennett Lee will continue to be the happy-go-luck boy he is back to being. Can you say schedule?!?!

Happy Monday to all~I hope it is a good one!


























Comments

Popular Posts