Wedding Bells

For the past two weekends we have been hearing wedding bells. Such a lovely sound! 
My brother's wedding was August 31st and it was a whole family affair! Months back when Dee Dee mentioned that my kids would be in the wedding I remember saying "Oh, you mean Emery and Auggie will be..." Nope! She wanted Bennett Lee too. Why not!?! 

Austin and Dee Dee had such a beautiful day. They couldn't have asked for more perfect end of August weather. To my knowledge the whole week went off without a hitch and felt like one, big ongoing celebration. I have stated this before, but I am certain that the most stressed people at a wedding are the parents of the ring bearer or flower girl, and we had that times three. Thankfully, Doug and I have learned the art of the in-laws (thank you so much Sam and Sue) and never say no to extra help (shout out Aunt Cheryl!). It always takes an army and I love mine. 

And now I think I can mark Christmas card pic off my list. 
Auggie was in a wedding earlier this summer and if you don't remember how that went I will remind you: Not well. He made it up the isle as we all held our breath but there are zero pictures of him. Man had a meltdown. Knowing there were more weddings in his future, we started talking up the picture taking; Auggie Boy of course had to explain himself. He said he didn't take pictures for Megan because he didn't have cologne on. This time he wanted to have so much on that (in his own dreamt up words) "he would leave a trail." Then and only then would he take pictures. Easy and smelly fix. And I am happy to announce that it worked like a charm! August Samuel smiled for every picture asked of him, listened to every direction given to him and made it up the isle looking handsome as can be. There was only one meltdown (Aug and the party bus didn't mix. He said it was too dirty--he is king of odd excuses), but really it was nothing that a nap at Grandma and Grandpa's couldn't fix. 


Bennett Lee also rocked pictures. He even wanted to be in the ones that he didn't need to be in. I could have eaten him up when I saw him for the first time in his little tux. Dangerously cute. 
Bennett Lee also woke up at 5am that morning and needed the wedding to be about two hours earlier. He did not make it up the isle. Douglas (wise, wise Douglas) didn't even try to send him up. Dee Dee and Austin didn't even realize it, he sat quietly in the back of church, and after a nap he danced (and drank juice boxes) for the rest of the night. 

Great job boys!
Em and I got to spend the morning together getting our hair done. I learned that I am picky (actually I already knew I was picky) and that I have a ton of hair. I now own a lifetime supply of bobby pins. It was fun being treated with my big girl!

I really wasn't worried at all about Emery Kayt. She looked like an angel and acted like one. I am so thankful for her. I think her favorite part was the fact that there were glow-sticks at the reception. Girl loves a glow stick. Did you know that they will glow longer if you put them in the freezer.....you should see my freezer. 

I had lots of favorite parts of the day. Walking my Grandpa and Dad up the isle, hanging out with Avery, watching Austin tear up multiple times, hearing my Dad speak about my Grandma (and hearing him admit that I am still the favorite), dancing to favorite songs, and my pockets. Yes, my dress had pockets. Ladies out there will understand.
And of course I loved spending the day with my forever and ever wedding date. I think we made a fabulous team. And admit it Doug, we look great when we match. 
Our nephew Scott's wedding was yesterday. Again, Scott and Deanna could not have had a more perfect day. What blessings! This time only Doug, Emery and Auggie were in the wedding. So many people asked us if we were "wedding'ed out" and the answer was always no. Its not often that we get to celebrate this much with friends and family, and Emery and Auggie have grown to be professionals. They are for hire if anyone you know needs some cuties!
I spent the morning being the Assistant to the Flower Girl. The beautiful, beautiful flower girl. Auggie got to hang with the guys all morning and eat cinnamon rolls. Both of them speed-walked up isle but they smiled from ear to ear and there were no meltdowns the entire day, so I will call that a super success. 
Bennett Lee was Nana's plus one, and he actually made it through the entire wedding. Nana knows the art of snacks and extra pacifiers. Love my little handsome man (who is getting close to two) and wearing his brothers shirt.  
After the wedding I got to ride along on the party bus while Nana took the kids home to rest for a little bit. I will say I am going to miss seeing my man in a suit! 
The reception was super fun because so many of our favorite people were there. Auggie's night was made because they played John Deere Green and the little flower girl (aka new best friend) from Megan's wedding was there. Emery not only had her cousins, but she also had her bestie Charlee to dance the night away with, and Bennett had snacks and Douglas. The boys went home around bedtime and we let Em stay out and party till the night was over.  
Uncle Chuck hitched a ride with us after the dance, and we decided it was the perfect time for Em to have her first ever midnight Niemerg's pie. She chose French Silk and ate every bite except one (well Doug might have stolen a few bites here and there to help). 

And today we napped. I don't know what we are going to do next weekend without all this excitement; we will feel lost. 

Thank you Austin and Dee and Scott and Deanna for letting us be apart of your special days. We love you guys!










Comments

Popular Posts