Weekend Recap: Healthy and Happy

If I were to title our past week it would be "Unhealthy and Unhappy".
We had all been wavering between kind of sick and kind of healthy since the week before when low fevers hit all three kids. By the middle of this past week everyone was better except for August Samuel. One word: Strep. One more word: Yuck. Poor boy had it bad too; he was absolutly miserable for about three days. Thank goodness for yogurt, extra sleep, Campbell's Star Noodles and antibiotics. Because of this list, I can say we had a healthy and happy weekend together.
By Saturday morning the old Auggie was starting to come back. We were all up early and needed some fresh air, so we decided to hit up the Farmer's Market. But first, coffee. Joe Sipper's coffee to be exact. Bennett Lee is my little coffee thief (and wine thief), but who could say no to this cute face?
Give him babydoll, push him in the stroller and let him pet the random puppies we see; B will be happy. 
Doug and I bought okra and fresh green beans. Em and Aug spied a square, dirty $1 pumpkin they had to have. His name is Spookly, and he is officially our first fall decoration of the season. 
We couldn't get enough of the cool(er) breeze on Saturday, so we decided to spend the rest of our morning at the park. A fun morning made for good naps for everyone. And every Saturday should have good naps. 
Saturday night was our first annual Outside Movie Night with friends. Ammon and I had brainstormed this night way back in the spring I think, and she made it happen! Give me a party where my kids can wear pjs, and I can break out a comfy sweatshirt, and I will forever be your friend. 
Em declared this night to be the best night of her life and that was before it even happened. It included all of her favorite things. 
We watched the new Aladdin and the joke is that that is Doug's favorite Disney movie (its not a joke because its true). We had low expectations of actually getting to watch any of the movie with lots of littles running around, but we actually got to see most of it! We might need to rent it to watch again, but I am still calling the night a super success. When's the next one everybody??
We had no plans Sunday, so we decided to head to Champaign for a little shopping, campus walking and eating. Eating in Champaign is a favorite of ours. So many yummy spots. We checked out parts of campus the kids had not seen before and just enjoyed each other. Em loves the squirrels, Auggie can spot every single "I" on campus and B can't decide if he does or does not want to hold hands while walking. 

It was a happy and healthy weekend and I am saying a little prayer that our week follows suit. 
I hope it does for you too.

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts