Bennett's Birthday Weekend

Our weekend was spent celebrating Bennett Lee turning two. He wasn't the only one to feel the love and enjoy the extra fun though! 
But he definitely got the most cuddles and kisses. 
The fun started early on Friday. I got to go on Auggie's first field trip of the year, and it just happened to be to one of our favorite places-Ballard! He was so pumped that we got to go together, and I loved seeing him in his school setting. Aug loves school. Like loves it. Which Doug and I are so thankful for. I am also thankful for a job that allows me to not miss these special moments. Not surprisingly, Auggie acted as the Ballard tour guide and was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to do every single  fun thing there. He also didn't love the fact that he didn't get to spend the rest of the day with me. What can I say, the boy loves his momma. And I love him. 
Friday after school Em and I decided to treat ourselves to some Starbucks. We had a gift card burning a hole in our pocket! I so enjoy my one on one time. Three kids can be is crazy; its moments like these that I am reminded of how sweet time with one is. 
Once we walked to get the boys Friday afternoon, it was celebrate B time! 
And B with a wig on is just too funny not to share. 
We did our annual pumpkin carving Friday night. And it was actually so much fun! Because lets be honest-up until know pumpkin carving has been something we do that stretches our patiences and makes us vow to not do it again next year. But we really did have fun this year. We tried something we stole from a friend and had the big kids draw their pumpkin's faces; Doug and I carved out exactly what they drew. The end results were the best pumpkins yet!
Emery is allll about getting in there and getting dirty. I love that about her. She drew a vampire pumpkin and Douglas was her carving partner. 
Don't let this picture fool you. Aug stuck his hand in the pumpkin once and quickly decided that was not for him. He is a spoon-scooper kind of guy and was happiest poking pumpkin parts with a little carver and watching me cut out his one eyed monster. 
We knew Bennett would be the one to make or break pumpkin carving this year. Luckily all went well. After not loving getting this hands dirty (there were a lot of "ewww's") he spent his time drawing all over his pumpkin; he totally thought he was doing what the big kids were. Since we could not have cut out all of his scribbles, Em and Aug helped design Bennett's pumpkin face and decided on two little teeth to represent him turning two. 
They loved their end results, and I love their genuine happiness in this picture. 
Saturday morning was the day! We woke up Bennett by sweetly singing "Happy Birthday" to him and he requested we sing it again and again. His birthday smile is something I hope I never forget. For breakfast we had cinnamon rolls with sprinkles and sang B's new favorite song one more time. I even caught him on video attempting to sing too. For my boy who struggles in speech, he sure has the sweetest voice. 
We opted for a joint birthday party this year. Alayna turned 7 on the 24th, so Dee Dee and I decided it would be silly of us to have two separate parties. Instead we partied at Austin's and had a full house of everyone that loves Alayna and Bennett. Bennett fell in love with every present he opened but was super excited about his last present--a balance bike! Our babysitter has one of these and he has mastered it there. When he opened his own bike he hopped right on and rode it around the rest of the night. 
We ended the night singing to Alyana and Bennett (2x) and he sweetly blew out just his candles, drool and all. This sweet smile says it all.  He loved his special day. 

Sunday we played with alllll the new toys (it feels like Auggie and Em had a birthday too), and then we headed to Grove in the afternoon to visit with Grandma and Grandpa and be treated to supper. Perfect way to end the weekend. 

So now we have a two year old. I'm not sure how thats possible.
Looking forward to a week of more Halloween fun!





Comments

Popular Posts